Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

omg omg omg omg

didnt want to say anything as i thought it was a fluke

toby slept from 8pm-7.30am - 3 nights in a row!

Woop Woop Woop Woop da scoop woop da scoop - la la la la fa dfa fa la wopadedoodaddddddaaaaaaa

Replies

• woo image good on him! I wish Isabelle would lol

• mega jealous! I get excited when i get a stretch of 4 hrs!!

Congrats!
  • Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

You rule, Summer! (but you know that already ;\) ) image

Jak sends Toby a slobby kiss and a lot of sick to celebrate x x x
  • thats fab, how old is toby ? whats your secret, i was up every hour last night.....

sarah+tyler(8 weeks)
  • Its great isnt it. Isabella has slept through for a week now, i keep thinking its a fluke and now i have probably jinxed myself ha! x
  • Nice one Summer! Edward's now sleeping through, but although he doesn't feed, he has about 3 hours between 1 and 4 where he is the noisiest sleeper in the world! At times, he even sounds like he's in real distress, but then he'll start giggling. I'm sure he has little dreams. Trouble is, these sounds wake us up & I leap up thinking he's in difficulty, which of course he isn't, in fact his eyes are tight shut!

Congratulations on being able to get a good stint of sleep though! I'm hoping it won't be too long before we get to that stage!

Dx
  • Oh Toby your a super star x
  • Well done you.....! Whats your secret ?? As Em says I get excited at 3.5 hours.....!! S XX
  • Wow thats fantastic...I'm sooo jealous! Eadie seems to be going backwards on the sleeping / feeding front grrrr!

xxx
  • Pavs - i miss "talking to you" must get my texting up and running again - hows gorg Roddy?

The secret - well there isnt one i am afraid

nearly 2 weeks ago we moved toby into his own room in his beig cot - i am a stupidly paranoid mum so i never thought i wpuild do this but i was snoring and keeping simon awake - he was sneezing and keeping toby awake who was farting and grunting and keeping us all awake!!!

We have 2 sensor pad monitors under his mattress (oh dear sarah you sad muppet) and he has just been so much happier. Also took some hints from Jaks mum about night time feeding and it all fell into place.

We folow a basic baby whisperer - 7pm we feed feed feed bath feed feed and then he goes down. But we have since he was tiny put him to bed at 7pm every night so he was used to bed time. Please remmeber that toby is 11 weeks old now and bottlefed this does make a difference.

Lillykit - hunny - your little man is poorly with colic so whilst you can think about and implement tiny bits he just needs what you are doing which is cuddles. Are you taking him into his room still so he gets used to it and are the gro bags in use yet. I really feel for you it must be so bloody diffiuclt and i really hope that things start to improve - it may seem along way off but things do improve around 12 weeks - the difference with toby from 7 - 10 weeks was huge. He had reflux and really bad trapped wind and remember begging the gp to help -

I bet i have jinxed it now and he wakes 6 times tonight x x x x
  • OMG I thought you were announcing a BFP!! :lol:
    Well done Toby!!!

Do you do a dream feed as well between 8pm - 730am?

Brody is doing well on his sleeps, also now until 730am. Our problem though is getting him down to sleep because of his wind and reflux. It can take up to 2.5hrs every night. I am bf but for this feed I give him formula to really fill him up (6oz) and more quickly than on the boob. He gets tired, falls asleep we burp and put him down but every night he wakes not long after with wind pain and then its a battle for the next 1-2hrs. Tonight was a bit better. Same thing happened but it didnt take as long to get him back to sleep after winding again - he was down at 8pm! I dream feed him expressed milk at 10 or 11pm. Then he wakes at 7/730am.

I must revisit the Baby Whisperer, will do that now. I think Im doing it actually by what you say in your post. As I now bf him from about 5pm, then we bath at 6pm (and sometimes a bit more bf in the bath if he is not aggitated), massage, then 6oz formula bottle, bed. Its just the bloody wind!!

When did Toby's wind ease up? And his reflux?

Brody is now 8.5weeks and Im looking forward to this wind being a thing of the past! Then it will be teething :x

xx
  • Hi Sim

No we stopped the dreamfeed as it seemed silly to wake him up. He then woke between 2 and 4am which was great becasue i was sleeping at 9pm! - 2-4am then 5-8ish so i felt like i was getting a good few hours and when he had the dreamfeed he woke up at 4ish in anycase.

His reflus eased at about 9.5weeks though today he has suffered a little but no where near as much just have him a huge cuddle until it passed. Wind - we still use infacol - but i sat him up today and before i had a chance to wind him he gave an enoromous BURP. It has got much better since he has moved more - his legs are always going - his arms are always hitting the animals on the activity mat - he adores his jumperoo and is almost sitting up - the movement def helps - though he is still constipated and only does 2 poos a week so he is on lactulose which doesnt increase them but makes them softer!

Will wait and see what happens tonight becasue i am sure i have jinxed it. x x x
  • OMG I thought you were about to announce a bfp!!! LOL

It makes such a difference to you and baby when you are sleeping through the night, its fantastic. I agree there is no secret some babies just get into the habit quicker, Olivia started sleeping through the night about 6 weeks ago and it is fantastic!!! Good Luck hope it keeps up
  • Anouce a bfp LOL - we havent had sex since 12th March 2009 - the day i got my last bfp!
  • oh, yeah, I remember sex, it's that thing I never have!image Well done again, honey, don't know what I'd do without you x x x
  • well i didnt jinx it - he slept from 8pm - 7am - i was awake from 4am still - worrying about him - next task is to help mummy sleep and not panic so much! Also ate far too much at Tobys first birthday party where he got a party bag and everything - very exciting - so thinking weight watchers wont be brilliant on tuesday - opps.

Off to Bounce and Rhyme again now - never had such a busy social life! x
  • Well done you! I thought it was a BFP announcement too- lol.

The most we get is 5 hours, but I'm normally awake before Lily with that 'full boobs sensation'. It's normally 3-4 hours, but I'm grateful for anything. I feel pretty good so I must be getting enough sleep.

Alison & Lily (10 weeks)
  • Ha ha I so thought it was a BFP too :lol:

Well done Toby. Sophie had gone the past week sleeping from 10.30/11pm-7am ish which was great, but she was up this morning at 4 and then didnt really settle properly after that. Neither did I as I knew the man was coming to fix our boiler at 8.30am.

Now we have our heating fixed (after a week) image I am gonna put Sophie in her cot in her own room at the weekend (all being well) as we are at desperate stages in the moses basket now. We are also the same with the noise thing and keeping each other awake so I think she will sleep better in her own room.

Here's hoping...

Nici and Sophie 9 weeks and 2 days x
  • hi summer

yes we are still on daily room visits, he lies there smiling and laughing when i put his mobile on. tried the grobag but he kept waking himself up with his jazz hands, so am trying the swaddle again.

last night i thought i had a breakthrough, i swaddled him, and fed him on our room where moses basket is, put on light show and he settled himself i was so proud, then an hour later he was awake with wind pains and every hour after that.
    problem is because he's not sleeping well at night hes too zonked in the day to make sure he's tanked up, if i wake him for a feed then he gets overtired. he desperately wants to sleep and has the makings of a good night sleeper, its just this dam wind/colic whuch stops it.