Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09

worried

I went for my blood taken this morning at 10am to hopefully get to the bottom of why i feel so crappy and i have just had a phonecall from the surgery to say they want me to see a Dr first thing in the morning and have booked me in but wouldnt say why.
Its a bit worrying cos they normally say to phone in 2 days for your results but i only had it taken this morning so something is obviously not right.

I was just about to post to say i just feel so woozy and dizzy and just generally wierd - not ill as such just lightheaded and exhausted. Now im wondering what it could be. My friend says i would feel iller if it was glandular fever - maybe it is my thyroid - i know a few people with hypothyroidism and i have simillar symptoms.

Sorry im going on - i just feel sorry for amber - im doing my best to keep her entertained but i havent done much with her today

Xx

Replies

• sounds very much like a thyroid problem. I think if it was really serious, they would have whipped you up[ to the hospital asap.

Let us know how you get on, be thinking of you. Em x
  • G/C from BIJ, low iron levels also cause dizziness, a light head & exhaustion. Hope you're feeling better soon xx
  • Dont worry hun it does sound like thyroid problems and when you are first diagnosed with this they do need you in the doctors to talk about dealing with it and taking your medication and the dosage etc... I have had thyroids problems for over 10 years now, I was over-active but no under-active since I was pregnant but I have yet to stast my medication so I have to call on Thursday to get my new results and see what dosage I am being given. Try not to worry it is fairly easy to deal with, go and see what the doctor says xxxx
  • Im already taking 2 iron tablets a day since ive had Amber but anaemia did cross my mind.
    Going to try not to worry - if it is my thyroid at least it is managable.

Thanks girls - i know its probably nothing serious - I really should stop moaning about it - will let you know what dr says anyway but in the meantime i am going to stop worrying and just wait and see

Xx
  • Yes, do try not to worry I know it must be hard. As was said before, if the doc was worried they would have told you to go to the hospital.

As for little Amber- she will just be happy that she gets to be with her mum so dont beat yourself up about not being the big entertainer for one day! image

xx
  • Just wanted to say I hope it goes OK with the doc, I'm sure it's nothing massive - as the other ladies said they'd have got you straight in if it was. It's just they can't say anything over the phone. I really hope you're ok hun. big hug! x x x
  • glad they are looking after you so well. Will be thinking of you tomorrow - let us know when you get a chance x x
  • Hope all goes OK with the doc tomorrow - at least they're seeing you rapidly and hopefully that means you'll soon be feeling better

Big hugs