Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

for those whose LO's sleep through...

What naps do your LO's have and how long ? Also what are your routines, maybe us night owls can tweak ours to make a difference......

Thanks

Sarah

Replies

• toby sleeps from about 7.30pm - 7ish am - though this morning he was moanin g from 5ish becasue of his teeth.

he has a sleep about 10ish for 30 minutes

1pm is this has lenghened to about 1 hour - woop woop

and the important one before his last solids

4.30pm - 5pm - if this one doesnt happen the whole evening is caput. I walk for miles with him until he drops off and he doesnthave his solids till after so sometimes his solids wont be till 6ish then

night time routine has been the same from day one except a few trips to hospital!

6.30pm 4oz

7pm bath
    7.30pm - 7oz goodnight milk

hth - x
  • Brody goes down by 730pm and normally wakes between 6-7am. Though he too has been up with his teeth lately so has been waking in the night but is settled straight back to sleep. I never allow him to come in for a feed until at least 6am.

His routine:

anytime between 6-730am: wakes and bf followed by porridge
    830am: 40-90min nap in cot
    1130am: solids followed by 250ml (8oz) ff
    12:15-ish: 1-3hr nap in cot (sometimes resettle once if he wakes before 40 mins)
    330pm: bf (not a long feed so more of a snack to see him through)
    430pm-ish: 30-40min nap mostly in cot or otherwise in car, buggy or swing (if he doesnt have this the evening meal/bath/bed is a bit tough!... thought they were meant to have dropped this nap by now??)
    600pm: solids
    630pm: bath
    700pm: 250ml (8oz) ff
    by 730pm: asleep in cot
    1045pm: 250ml (8oz) ebm dream feed with bottle

In theory, the more sleep Tyler gets in the day, the more he should sleep at night. I really worked on Brody's day sleeps to get his night sleep back on track and it made a difference. Until he teethed! But they are settling down again now.

• Hi

This is what works for us.
    Up at 7am- 6oz and a yoghurt
    Nap at 9ish- sleeps for a least an hour
    11am- 5oz milk and solids usually chicken/ fish with veg and fruit puree
    12noon- nap for a least an hour
    3pm- 5 oz milk and solids something like cauliflower cheese then fruit
    5pm- 30 min nap
    7pm- 6 oz milk and solids fish/mince & veg and yoghurt
    7.30-7.45pm bed
    He's teething so we usually have a wee rumble during the night when he's looking for his dummy but he doesn't actually wake.
  • They should be getting bout 2 -2 1/2 hours during the day just now. I'm finally getting Zach into routine and he is 8pm (which will be moving fwd to 7 pm once he is sleep trained to 7 am. THis is what my first lo does so fits in with our existing routine. He has a morning nap about 9 am for half an hour. The timing can be earlier or later but it is around then and then the bit we're working on is the lunch time nap which will eventually be 12-2 pm. I think they also have a nap at around half 4 for bout 15 -30 mins if necessary til they;re a bit bigger. Hope this helps. We are working on it at the moment and doing controlled crying but shh don't tell anyone cause think it's a naughty word these days image x

ps I use Gina Ford's timings as a guide and take her advice with a pinch of salt. I do find her the most helpful for routines out of all the ones I've read. x
  • Jak has about 3 hours, 1 hour at 9am and then 2 hours at 12pm. I think he needs it though, he often has another little nap at about 4:30pmish, making about 3 and a half hours in total. x x x
  • yes, Amber's naps are v similiar

9am - about 40 minutes
    12-2
    then a short nap in the late afternoon- about 4.4.15 for 20/30 minutes usually we are out and about. If she doesnt have this it makes bedtime a bit tricky cos she will fall to sleep feeding.

• Olivia is being more restless at the minute because of her teeth but her usual routine is she gets up at 8am
    nap 10am (30 minutes)
    nap at 11.30am (30 minutes)
    nap at 2pm (40 minutes)
    nap at 4pm (20 minutes)
    nap at 6pm (20 minutes)
    bed time at 8pm
  • hi liiykitt havent been on in ages internet went wrong and been sooo manic with both boys! i was curious to see what your lo is doing as mason is sooo similar!!!

we are still up in night - some nights awful when he wakes at 12ish but stiring and dummy runs from 11 and we end up having to feed then he will wake again at 4ish and wont go off without another bot then stirs till morning!!! driving me mad! othjer nights he stirs and dummy run around 12 and then he wakes for feed 2ish but then wakes around 5 and will conk if i get him with me but if leave him in cot dummying etc it would go on for hours!

our routine is roughly

8am bottle (not bothered about this as fed in night) so at push 5oz
    (just last few days porridge 9.30am)
    9.30/10am Nap 30-40mins MAX
    12ish bottle
    1ish (think going to try offering food)
    NAP at some point - if out or in cot when grizzerly again 40min MAX
    4ish Bottle
    5.30ish trying offering food
    7 Bath
    7.30 Bottle - BED

Dream feed didnt work so stopped it and like i said will def have a feed in night but odd occasion 2 - thats just stupid but me sooooooo tired just feed!

when does tyler nap?eat? and wake in night? also do you water down feed in night or offer water? and was meaning to ask may do post but when lo wakes in night and is not just stiring but awake and crying how long do you leave or dummy etc???