Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Lists - Have I forgotten anything? Also in due in August!

Hi girls, thought I would ask you all here as you've been there done it lol. Hope you don't mind!

I have compiled a list of things (from some of the lovely lists on here) i need for baby, for my hospital bag and for babies, have I missed anything?

All ideas welcome!

BABY LIST!

Pushchair with rain cover, parasol and footmuf! GOT
Car seat and Iso-fix. GOT
Changing bag. GOT
Wardrobe.GOT
Chest of draws. GOT
Cot and mattress.
Moses basket and stand. GOT
Room thermometer. GOT
Room Decorations.
Bottles/dummies etc
Bottle steriliser.
Rocker
Play Mat.
Bath Support.
2 x change mat.
Socks
Scratch mits
Nappies GOT
Baby wipes GOT
Nappy bags
Baby lotion GOT
Sheets GOT
Blankets GOT
Cot mobile
Baby monitors
Breast pump
Breast pads
Maternity pads
Muslins
Baby towels
Scissors/thermometer
Sudocream

MY HOSPITAL BAG!
Hand Held Notes/birth plan
2 open front nighties
PJ's
Socks
5 x dark knickers
2 x nursing bras
Change of clothes (jogging bottoms and a mat top)
Box of breast pads
2 x packs maternity pads
Dark towel GOT
Hairbrush
Deodorant GOT
Hair band GOT
Toothbrush/ tooth paste GOT
Mini toiletries (shampoo/conditioner/shower gel) GOT
Kandoo bum wipes
Energy food/drinks
Camera /Charger GOT
Phone/charger GOT
Magazines/book
Rescue remedy
Arnica tablets
Nipple cream
My pillow GOT

BABY'S HOSPITAL BAG!
Baby towel GOT
4/5 sleep suits
5 vests
2 x hats
Socks
Mittens
Bibs
Bootees.
Ready made formula
1 pack nappies GOT
cellular blanket
Pink blanket
Muslins
Baby wipes/sudocrem
Nappy sacks
Going home outfit GOT
Car seat.GOT
Dummies

HUSBAND'S BAG!
Socks
Underwear
2 x t-shirts
toothbrush/paste
drinks/food
magazine
Hair gel
Deoderant

Becky!
xxx

Replies

• Hi Becky - how is everything going - you sound very prepared!

It all sounds fab - i also got a t shirt for hubby that read "thats my boy" maybe you could get similar from little lady.

Dont buy too many maternity towels - i bought about 8 packets and still have 6 of them as you cannot take them back!

Keep spying on you as i am sure many bin girls are x x x
  • Wow you are really prepared!! I would take an extra pack of maternity pads with you, I was in hospital only one night after I gave birth but I used nearly 3 packs and in the first weekend I went through 5 packs.
  • I second that, loads of maternity pads! They might give you some in hospital (they did for me, but I think I was a lucky girl because I never went to the ward I stayed on the Labour Ward for three days and they were so lovely to me there!)

Excellent idea for hubby to have a bag, mine didn't, bless him! Make sure he eats well, again, mine didn't! x x x
  • I'll third that on the maternity pads, your loss could go on for 6 weeks mine certainly did. Start off with the big chunky ones then move on to the thinner ones.
    For babies bag - cotton wool - They recommend using cotton wool on babies delicate bits for the first 6 weeks or so.
    Invaluable to me was - Capri Sun drinks, I was hospital for 5 days feeling slightly tender so it helped having a big box of these. Also good during labour as they come with a straw!
    Do NOT bother with disposable pants - waste of money - get to a primark and get some great big cheapies.
  • List is great Becky, all I would say is share it with family and friends or save bits till nearer (July) as everyone will then ask "Is there anything you need?" they genuinly want to buy something you will use and that is different to newborn sleepsuits/outfits (many of which go unworn!) and I had nothing left to get so I had to say I dont need anything as a result Dylan has what seems like 8000 teddies on his shelf that he hasn't touched let alone played with!!!

Also you haven't got any clothes or bibs on the top list but have socks and scratch mitts (wasn't sure if it was just a room list till I saw them) I would say lots and lots of bibs as they come in over and over especially when they get a bit older and become a dribble monster! Cllothes I would say make sure you have at least 2 packs of sleepsuits in both 0-3 and newborn and then you can see what you get as gifts and send hubby out if you do need anymore.

I hope your well hun its always lovely to see a post from you and see how your doing image

xxxxx
  • oh well - looks like it was just me that didnt bleed hardly at all!
  • Hi girls, and thanks for saying you all think of me often! I'm always lurking in here to see how you are all getting on! I promise to keep you all updated on mine and princess's progress! Xxx
  • No i'm with you summer. Still have some lying about. Altho I had sudden blood loss and then nothing for a day and then a big leak usually when I had visitors, fun! SOunds good to me Becky. V organised. x
  • Thats really interesting, just wondering the ladies with less blood loss did they have c-sections or vaginal, it would be interesting to know if the different methods of birth affect the blood loss? sorry totally hijacking your thread now Becky :\) I am so excited for you! Its really not long away now! I hope you are starting to feel more relaxed now as the time goes on xxx
  • I had vaginal delivery but was my second baby and I always have short periods. Only bout 2 days! Don't know if it's relevant. Had lots of large clots come away at once (sorry if tmi) post delivery. Sorry for hijacking too. And i'm bf - not sure if this adds to it or not? Glad someone else is up as late as me. Got a sick baby image x
  • Oh I would love to have short periods!! Mines are awful they last a week and are painful and heavy! I hope your little man is feeling better this morning, was it a stomach bug?
  • rosapenny - i have the impant and i have no periods!

Bumping for angel cake x