Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09

i've been trying to sleep since 4am

hi girls

sorry just an over tired rant. arina woke up at 4am took ages to settle (sick needed full change = fully alert) when she did go to sleep she kept us awake as she is a noisey sleeper almost sounds like she is snooring lol.

anyway she has only dozed here and there at times i couldnt - just when i made soup etc or was in the middle of something. i decided at half two we would go to bed and when she in arms she sleeps lay her down so i can sleep and she screams. tried ten min crying twice which only made the situation worse. i gave up after three hours... shes now asleep on the booby she must be exhausted.

sorry dont really have a point to my post

Replies

• Oh she's asleep now a bit fidgity so not sure if she is going to wake up or not. Partner is home in half an hour so not really worth going to bed as will have dinner etc and then by the time we've had a bit of a chat etc it will be time for bed so i can look forward to sleep about midnight wooooo.

I could quite easily lay her on my chest on the sofa and nod of but scared of SID so i wont.

We had guests yesterday and she slept all afternoon - typical!
  • It does get easier as it goes on but I can completly understand how you feel. Olivia was great for the first week but then she would have had a few nights crying from maybe 8pm-3am and I would have been going out of my mind. She hates people fussing with her so when my mil is down she normally ends up being awake most of the night because mil would have picked her up out of her crib. Last night she slept from 1am-5.45am that was such a blessing, then she went to sleep again to near 10am and then she wouldnt sleep the rest of the day so hopefully she will sleep again tonight!!!