Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Olivia fell today!!

This morning I was getting up ready for work, I was downstairs washing myself and I heard a big bang from the bedroom, I actually thought hubby had fallen out of bed because when I left Olivia was still in her cot. Will brought Olivia downstairs and her whole face was swollen and red, she started smiling as soon as me so it didn't affect her too much, but asked hubby what happened and she crawled off the edge of the bed and landed head first on the ground!! Anyway it all calmed down but she now has a bumo and a bruise on her wee head!!

Replies

• Options
    Toby fell off the bed for the sdecond time on sunday - scary stuff but they have a tndancy to bounce! Hope little lady is ok x
  • Options
    Poor Olivia! But to echo what Summer says yes they bounce ... Freddie proved that at the airport, where he was in his buggy having a quick snack but wasn't strapped in - bad mummy and daddy - daddy was too busy laughing at the Ella's pouch squirting all over mummy and mummy was too busy wiping Ella's pouch off her leg to realise our wriggler had wriggled his way to the front of the buggy and promptly somersaulted out of it.
    He cried briefly - shock I think and probably cos I picked him up and hugged him a bit too tight but OMG the guilt!!!!!
    Hope the bump goes down soon xx

ps there wasn't a mark on him!
  • Options
    Awwww poor little lady but I think there all gonna be covered in bumps soon as they become mobile.

Hubby was laughing his head off at Dylan yesterday throwing himself everywhere, he wasn't delicate with himself at all and must of headbutted his toys about 4 times and just grinned then did it again, his head constantly appears to have a red mark on it now!

Big cuddles to Olivia and mummy (who im sure it was worse for)

xxxx
  • Options
    oh god Ty is the same. I feel awful taking him to nursery with new bruises on his head. He keeps crawling around off the mat onto the wooden floor, slip and bang his head on the floor. He's also banged his head on the corner of his star so had a black eye, and in nursery banged his head so I had to sign a form that they have told me. I'm very accident prone and always banging my head so its no suprise really !!!
  • Options
    :lol: Thanks girls, I knew i could count on you to make me feel better.
    I work with a girl who 2 years ago was on a treasure trail day with her girl and her baby boy who was about 9 months and she turned around to look up at a cliff and when she turned back the pram was gone and one of the guys she was with went to the edge of the other cliff and the pram was upside down between to rocks, she was screaming but when a few of the guys went down the little man was hanging upside down between the rocks laughing, not a scratch on him!!
  • Options
    Cos we are up north where it's hot (27 degrees) despite it being the middle of winter ! The ceiling fans are going. Brody is mesmerised by fans not having had them in the uk. Only problem is he gets so excited sometimes that he flings himself back so we've had a few banged heads on the floor!! It's more the shock though I agree so I give him a big applaud and it kind of helps.
  • Options
    G/C rosapenny but i remember when ds1 was about 9 months he did this and i remember sitting him up on the bed and making him clap his hands etc to make sure he hadn't forgotten anything lol he is 6 now and last month took a fall on the bike which left his face all skinned and his helmet was actually cracked and broken, just as well I wrap him in cotton wool and make him wear it - what im saying is it just gets worse lol lol glad she is ok though we chick x
  • Options
    least you didn't burn her image only joking. It's part and parcel now - I just bought a new tube of arnica. It's a must from now til at least 3! x