Forum homeβ€Ί Archived Birth Clubsβ€Ί My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

A lot going on in Nappy Department!!

Hi girls,

Bit gross but whats going on in ur LOs nappies!!!???

Eadie has a rumble in her belly then it blasts out of her bum with the loudest nise ever ( quite embarrasing!!) at first we found it funny but now its getting on my nerves because of the sheer power of it, it shoots out the sides or up the back / front and instantly soakeds thru her clothes, I am constantly changing her clothes and dunking her in the bath!! TMI I know!!!

I have used Pampers / morrisons and asda nappies.... I think shop own are better as they are a bit more bulky....what nappies are you using!!

Funny but embarrasing post....sorry!!!

Carly & her windy little girl Eadie!! xx :lol:

Replies

• Options
    Hi Carly,

Snap image We are using Huggies - the only ones that dont leak (for us anyway) I have stacks of Pampers but they suck - they seem to keep nothing in.
    We are still finding the whole thing amusing - not sure why or how to be honest. Im totally house proud so find it odd that i willingly laugh hysterically when yesterday in the middle of being changed our boy projectile pooed across his nursery onto our ivory carpets - oh the joy. image
    Like I say Huggies have helped enormously so it might be worth a go.

• Options
    i would love my little man to poo like that - he only poos every 3 days - we use tesco and huggies and they seem to keep everything in x
  • Options
    We are using the Pampers size 1 for our little man who was born at 7lb 13oz. First tried a bigger size but they were way too big and just waiting for an accident to happen.
    So size 1 have been good and only 1 explosion so far in a week (this morning). Thanks for the reminder as have sent hubby off to soak them as he has left them like that all day in the bucket ! image

xx
  • Options
    Only a mum could love the noises their bums make - noone told me about the noise so found it rather amusing when it first happened. does it happen in both bf and f/f babies?

the thing that is getting to me is that ariana wee's most times when she is changed - usually just when we are putting the new nappy on grrr. think its the cold air/wet cotton wool.
  • Options
    Sarah - be thankful Louise doesnt have a fire hose like us with boys! Im waiting for our first golden shower!!

xx
  • Options
    ha ha yes thats one good thing. I've learnt to put her on the bottom of the mat then when she wee's i can pick her up, hover her over the mat and lay her at a 45 angle and clear up the puddle.... if she was a boy me and the walls would get soaked.
  • Options
    We had a couple of projectile poos too. Highly amusing. Seems to have settled down now that her poo as cleared all meconium and become yellow.
    The trumping is astounding though....the other day i blamed OH and it was my DD. LOL!

MJx
  • Options
    Yes bottle fed babies do projectile poos too. I think they are a different colour to breastfed babies but they still make a noise and they still stink!! Sometimes when Sophie has just farted I am convinced she has done a poo but when I go to change her she hasnt.

It was hilarious last night as o/h was bathing Sophie and she pooed in the bath!! Great timing!

She also leaves the weeing until the nappy is off/just been changed too. And Sim, although Sarah and I have little girls, their wee can go quite far too!!

We are also using Pampers size 1 nappies on Sophie, 9lbs when born. Luckily they fit her ok as we have a few packs to use yet, we bought a job lot when a local shop was closing down!!

Nici xxx
  • Options
    We are f/f and Olivia can do some really nasty nappies!!! It is still amusing although I have to admit if I am feeling a little queasy it can be difficult to cope with :lol:
    We are using the pampers size 1 but we have had a good few leaks so we are testing a pack of huggies size1 before we do our cash & carry shop of nappies and we had a huge poo not so long ago and no leaks at all. I found the poo seeps through the side of the nappy with pampers.

Roslyn & Olivia (37 days)
  • Options
    Thanks for your advice girls, think I will change over to huggies asap!! The pampers do not keep much in at all!

Aww projectile poo!! Sounds like I still have that one to come he he! Look forward to that day!! I mut admit Eadie has an amazing shot with weeing, its like a fountain! shoots up in the air for a bit forst again as soon as I take her nappy off!!

I tell you - I have never talked so openly about poo's with so many people as I have over the past 3 weeks!!

xx