Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How Many Days - Poll All Welcome

OK ladies it took my other half over two weeks after Matthew was born to change his first nappy, at which point I calculated he nearly 200 behind ME! and even now I get called in if it is a bad one!! :lol:

How long did it take your men to get their hands dirty?? image

HJS
Matthew 9 weeks 1 day

Replies

• day 1 for hubby, he is very good and changes at least one nappy per day except last night when his mum did it for him
  • Day one also for my hubby as i was unable to get out of bed due to C-section. He regularly changes the nappies image

[Modified by: Rachy123 on January 27, 2010 04:09 PM]

• woooow mama, it takes two to make a baby, we did all the hard work for 9 months, when hes at home he does at least 50% of changes etc! he did the first one too!
  • he did the first one and regularly changes them, i joke that tyler saves the big ones for his daddy !!

sarah+tyler(9 weeks)
  • Nope not one has been changed by him yet... 10wks tomorrow x
  • He changed her before me tbh!! It was the health care assistant after my C section then HUbby, then me who changed her. Hubs isnt fazed by her smellyness and actually showed me how to do it lol!!

I had literally NO CLUE!!

I'll tell you a secret as well. I only bathed her for the first time yesterday by myself as Dh was late from work. It was no bother and I was fine doing it but dh just gets on with it after work so Ive never had to do it before except to help him out in the early days. But it's a secret lol cos I would never admit that to MIL!
  • day 1 he changed all her nappies the first day while he was at the hosp as my after pains were so bad x even with the other 3 was from the beginning but i have friends whos partners never do
  • Day 1 my o/h did but he doesn't do it very often now! He did shout for me the other day when he changed Sophie as she had a poo explosion and he couldn't do it on his own :lol:

Nici and Sophie 10 weeks and 2 days xxx
  • He put her first nappy on when she was born and hasnt stopped changing them since!! We had a deal (or he had a deal) before she was born, he would deal with sick if I dealt with poo as he didnt think he could hack the nappies...... but he loves nappy time now as he gets lots of smiles! image

Carly & Eadie
    11weeks 3days xx
  • Day 1! And he still changes them now partly as like Carlys OH he gets smils and gurgles, Dylan has kindly started saving all his poos for his daddy now :lol: definitley a mummies boy image

Em and Dylan 9 + 1 x x x
  • 2 months exactly- Lily was born on 1st November, Daddy did his first nappy change on New Years Day! I think he's done 2 more since then, but I'm not unhappy with that. He's a great Dad in so many other ways.

• Day 1 and still does them now when he's not at work! He did Freddie's first in hospital - I was clueless and he's done it before (15 years ago but it still counts!)

As for baths - I bathed Freddie on my own for the first time when he was 10 weeks and 3 days old - we'd always done it together til then - even my mum helped when I was at hers for the week. I loved it tho and am secretly looking forward to OH's late shifts next week cos bathtime is smile time image)

Welsh & Freddie 11 + 4
  • He did the 1st one image no we just share them