Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Back from Hospital....

Hi all, well LO's Reflux is getting so bad that we carted her off to out of hours doc and then peadeatric dept. They have guven us Ranitidine so will see how we go with that. They were concerned and I'm 100% sure we did the right thing and bypassed the GP - at least we got seen there and then ! She has developed an association with feeding with pain hence all the crying and screaming. What topped it off was only being ab;e to get 1oz down her and then her getting hiccups and screaming the house down. Will see how we go - at leasr I can ring them if I'm still concerned. S XX

Replies

• Options
    Hi Sandy

Thats exactly what we did, we were supposed to see the paed about a lump on Tylers head (which had disappeared by the time we had the appt) so we took the opportunity to reel off a list of things we were concerned with and he was fab, diagnosed reflux on the spot and prescribed ranitidine and gaviscon on the spot. We stopped ranitidine for a few days the beginning of the week and boy did we know about it. He's now back on it,,, Our doctors are rubbish and refused to prescribe more until they had received a letter from the hospital, needless to say I went a little crazy on them (hormones and all that) and we now have no problems, although the amount of gaviscon we go through is shocking !!!

Hope it all starts getting better for you, I think Tyler took a few days before we noticed a massive difference.

Sarah
  • Options
    So glad you got seen by Paed and got some medicine, hope you see some improvement soon x

Inka xxx
  • Options
    so glad you got seen, you def did the right thing, I hope things start to improve xxxx