Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Parent facing pushchair? (also in Baby)

Hi ladies

Just wanted to pick your brains please ...

It's another one of those 'I wish I'd thought properly about this before I gave birth' moments!

I have a M and P Pliko Pramette and on the whole I'm really happy with it BUT I wish I could have Freddie face me when it's in pushchair mode. It's difficult to lay him in the pram as he has reflux and doesn't like to be laid flat and he seems far too small to be facing the big wide world (and I don't like not being able to see/talk to him) So for the time being I have him in the car seat facing me but it's not ideal ...

I've had a quick look around and ones I can find that are parent facing are he Britax Vigour 4, Loola and Hauck Infinity. Has anyone got any of these and are you happy with them? Or are there others I could be looking for?

Thanks in advance for your help

Welsh and Freddie (11 weeks) xx

Replies

• I have the Vigour 3 and I love it, it is really solid and having baby face me was one of the most important selling aspects for me, it is simple to change the way it faces. It is a two handed fold which only caused me a problem once, I had to put it down after my first shopping trip (so I'm not sure it had any thing to do with the pushchair, there is infinite adjustment on the back of the chair. Not sure what size the wheels are on the 4 but they are large on the 3 making it good on uneven ground. It's light to push and not bad to look I have just stopped keeping it in the living room as lo isn't happy in the carry cot when we aren't moving, I'll put her in the seat tomorrow and see how she fits.

Rfran and Rebecca (11 weeks)
  • I have the quinny buzz 3. Still using the pram body but I bought it because the pushcahir can be both parent facing as well as facing away. I've been really impressed with the buzz. I've been walking up to 6 miles a day with it and love it!
  • i bought second hand loola and love it x
  • the hauck pushchairs dont last i had a pushchair car seat and travel cot ALL broke!
  • I have a second hand Britax Vigour 3 and I love it!. I have a nerve problem with my hand and was worried about how I would get on with any pushchair. It's so easy to push! Still using the carrycot, but the parent facing pushchair is so easy to adjust.
  • it was a brief reply before becasue toby was in one arm!

The bebe confort loola is awesome - so very easy to use and i can use the maxi cosy car seat with it as well. I feel much better with him facing me and will certainly keep it that we until i feel confident enough to turn him around - i worry about cigarette ends being flicked at him more than anything as i have seen this happen before.

You can buy them fairly cheaply on ebay - Love love love it!
  • Thanks for replying ladies - wish I'd thought properly about it all before but was convinced by a good friend that the Pliko Pramette was fab - and it is in its own way but I've now realised it's not everything I wanted; couldn't have known I would have a lo with reflux who wouldn't like laying down!

Will be buying second hand this time as no way I can justify another new pram (especially as I've promised Freddie a jumperoo!) so top of my list are the Loola and the Britax - will keep you posted on how I get on. Am now constantly checking ebay - keeps me occupied in the middle of the night while feeding Freddie!

Thanks again

Welsh & Freddie xx
  • the loola won then? Where did you get it from and how much (hope you dont mind me asking. I liked the fact that if something goes wrong with the chassis you can pick one up for under ??30 from ebay so you are prety much covered The pushchair is gorgeous and i love looking at toby snuggled up with the cosy toes x
  • Hi!

Ye the Loola won - was a close call cos there was a Quinny buzz 3 near my mum's but I was seduced by the Loola Up - only 7 months old (apparently) comes with cosytoes, parasol and changing bag - was ??150. She was asking for ??180 as buy it now or best offer and I thought I was putting in a cheeky offer at ??150 but it was accepted. We're a bit out on a limb here in soggy scarborough and the collection only ones were mainly down south but managed to find this one. It means going to Sheffield but we'll try and combine it with visiting friends
    OH isn't impressed - with my new purchase or the idea of going to Sheffield ... suggested visiting his friends as a sweetener!
    I can't wait to see Freddie in it now - we went for a walk with him in his Pliko pramette today but he's so uncomfortable laying down it takes all the fun out of it

Toby looks cosy and gorgeous in his on your zoo piccies in his!

xx
  • thats fab - at the zoo he was in the car seat attached - but there are some piccies of him in it facing me - the cosy toes really are cosy and toby loves it it there. Also he can look directly at me which means i can sing even more stupid songs to him.

Hope you get to pick it up soon so you can start enjoying walks x
  • We had a 5 hour round trip to pick it up yesterday (I was popular!!) Now I'm itching to get out and about with it but we've got flippin snow AGAIN grrrr...
    so am currently doing a rain dance to wash all the snow away so we can go out for a walk

Got a jumperoo off ebay too - mum collected it today but I'm not going over to mum's til March so got to be patient and wait for that, think it's a bit big for her to bring on the train when she comes!