Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09

Anyone crawling, trying to crawl

For the last week Scarlett being trying to crawl, she keeps throwing herself on tum and then sticks her bottom in the air and pulls up one leg, really cute but she's like a jumping bean wont sit still anywhere now!

Anyone else crawling or trying to crawl?

Inka xxx

Replies

• Dylan is, he can lift his bum and rotate legs and lift his chest and move arms just not at the same time :lol: he also goes backwards ended up under my mums couch the other day :lol:

He is trying so hard bless him he's never where I leave him anymore and managed to creep on his belly across the living room yesterday he just caterpillar crawls :lol:
  • Sophie is trying! She can get into the right position, but grunts when she is trying to get anywhere and cant move. Then she puts her head down and sighs as if to say "are you not gonna help me"!!!

Dont think she'll be long then there will be no stopping her!

Nici xxx
  • Olivia is trying to skip the crawling and going straight to walking, she doesnt seem interested in even trying to crawl!! She hates lying on the ground and loves to walk with you holding both hands. I would love to see her crawl though!
  • Yep, Jak's the same, he either looks like a skydiver or has his legs right or his arms right - never both together! He's definitely trying though, and I don't know about anyone else, but he seems to need a teeny bit more nap in the day? Only about 15/20 mins but he's definitely a bit more tired come mid-afternoon. It's as if he needs it to recouperate from all the learning and trying! x x x
  • toula gets so frustrated trying to crawl so cute x
  • Tyler launches himself onto his belly then just does a skydiver pose before getting frustrated with himself !! He also loves being on his feet.

• Aimee is tummy shuffling all over the place, mostly backwards, then turns and heads off backwards someplace else, gets stuck under the sofa. She drops her head to the floor and pulls her knees up under her. She really wants to move...can roll from one end of the mat to the other and then some. She sits completely unaided and is starting to move from there too. And like some others she loves being on her feet. Its amazing to see.

MJx
  • Brody does a lot of standing up but he always has. Little Mr-try-to-get-ahead-of-himself! A few weeks back he showed signs of starting to explore crawling but has since abandoned it! He prefers sitting up now that he can. Makes me think I need to encourage more tummy time to get him interested again, and remind him that he CANNOT walk before he can crawl!!
    It's such a wonderful stage that they are at now.
  • Eadie has the leg bum bit right but hasnt worked out she has to use her arms too! Its very funny to watch! xxx
  • :lol: Olivia surprised us all today but climbing up her daddy's legs into a standing poistion and then this evening I put her down for some tummy time and she got straight onto her knees and tried to crawl!! She is nearly there