Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Things you would like to say but wont...

I know this is baby and a few more due in forums but I thought we could do one of our own.

To my hubby-I love you and appreciate all the things you do around the house, when I ask you to look after Olivia for a few minutes I don't want you to just put her in her walker or bouncer and turn on monsters inc!! Play with her she wants your attention!

To my parents-I love you very much and appreciate everything you do with Olivia, especially you mum, I know you are still getting over breast cancer and you are so kind to look after Olivia while I am at work but please don't tell me not to have any more children I am still undecided myself, dad Olivia adores you as much as I do xx

To my sister-I love all the little dresses that you get for Olivia but please just because she is your goddaughter you don't have to do it all the time, come and visit her more often she loves playing with you.

To my little brother-i know you are only turning 18 but she is your niece and she always smiles at you, even say hello to her

To my older brother-Stand up to your ex, get custody of those boys, she is an unfit mother, get a bloody divorce and get rid of her, she has threatened to kill you several times go to the police!!

To my mil-please stop calling her your baby girl she is my baby girl, I have ranted so much about the horrible things you have done and put me through, I think you are spiteful, however I am grateful for you taking me to my hopsital appointments when I was pregnant

To my fil-please stop trying to feed my daughter stuff that I dont want her eating, thank you for being a great grandad though

to my bil-when you come home for a week please dont spend the entire time drinking and visit your goddaughter once and your other niece every day

To my sil-My daughter's name is Olivia not Livvy,

To my other sil-stop being such a smug parent, your daughter never cries, she didnt have colic or reflux, I dont care that she walked at 10 months

To my beautiful baby-I love you so much, you amaze me every single day but I would love if your tantrums would tone down slightly, still love you every day, wouldn't change you for the world xxx

Thats good :lol:

[Modified by: Rosapenny on 12 July 2010 14:25:56 ]

Replies

• V funny, I love this!

To japanese tourists- No you can't take a picture of my baby.

I've been asked twice in the last week!

• To mil - thanks for all your help. Remember he is my baby and I will do things my way. You are more of a mum to me than my mum will ever be.

To mum - I can't stand that you visit once a week and talk about yourself for 2 hours. You were the worst mother ever so don't pretend you are a great grandmother or even have a clue about child raising. Leave my kids alone and do not try and influence them. They do not like you because you pay them no attetion and just concentrate on yourself. I do not trust you and you will NEVER babysit for me EVER.

To my hubby - I love you. Sorry I shout at you cause i'm tired. I hope you get a job soon that makes you happy. Thanks for doing most of the housework and making me feel so inadequate. I know I'm grumpy and horrid sometimes but I can't help it, I'm scare about going back to work and leaving my babies.

To my los - so sorry I will be going back ot work soon. Mummy still loves you. Please Arwen be good and stop shrieking all day altho you do make us laugh so much and therefore it's all worth it. Zach sorry for burning your leg. You are such a chubby smiley boy, I didn't think I would like having a boy but you are amazing.

Fun! So much more to say esp to my mum but I'll stop image x
  • To my DD: You are the best thing that has ever happened to me and your truly are the making of me. I will always be here for you when you need a shoulder to cry on.

To my DDs sperm donor of a "dad":
    I hate u for dpriving my child of her daddy, you promised you'd stick by me u lied...You have seen her once and in that time you were mostly on your phone...your a complete loser and I only have one thing to say thanks for my DD, She does not need you, you are useless and one day she will grow up knowing how much of a dick you are.

To my mum: You have been my rock and the advice/help you have given me is second to none. Sometimes though I shall also trust my own instincts, this isnt because I dont trust you its cause they are sometimes right Lol

To my recent ex: U turned your back on us, you were the 1st person to hold my DD and change her, we were an amazing family to start with and then you changed...now I feel nothing for you apart from pity, Me and my little girl have everything we need! oh and stop texting me because you're getting no where with other women. NOT going to happen.

My best friend: I love u but please sort your life out your heading down the wrong path.

Thats it....for now. lol

• DH - I love you and how you are such a proud and hands on father. Please stop saying she doesn't love you just because she wants me when upset - she will change - particularly when you spend more time playing with her and less on the laptop in those precious minutes when you are just home from work.
    DD - you are the most special thing that has ever happened to me, but my hair is attached and it hurts when you try to pull it out. Eyes are nice but they don't need removing either. Never grow up - I love you just the way you are.
    Mother - your childhood sweetheart is a mess and there is a reason a) you called off the engagement 40 years ago and b) he has never had a long term relationship. Ditch him before you have to bury him. Then spend some time with your granddaughter - she doesn't bite and likes cuddles - try it sometime.
    MIL - your granddaughter loves people who smile at her - don't look so worried - thats why she's frightened of you.
    Dad - wish you were here, I love you so much and so want to share my daughter with you, you'd be such a wonderful Bampa and I'm really sad my baby will never know you.
    SIL 1 - other people work too, one hour of your life to see your niece/let her see her cousin wouldn't have killed you.
    SIL 2 - your daughter is a PITA, she needs feeding childrens portions so she's not overfaced and might eat something, your sister is not the expert on everything. You have a son too.
    SIL 3 - you are on a Uni lecturers wage, your hubby works full time, you are not that skint.
    Self - get a grip - you are going to have to achieve more in a day than this if you are going to go back to work and you have to go back to work.
    wow - that has helped ;\)
  • Great thread!

Mum - I love you so much, your strength is amazing. You have constantly put me and my son first while grieving for the loss of yours. You help, support and advice is whats has kept me going. I know the strength it takes you just to get through a day, and I know that you only do it for me.

Dad - you are an amazing Grandad, thank you for all your help and support. Finley loves you millions and so do I.

My brother - I wish you were here to see how beautiful your nephew is. He is so like you its unbelievable. I know you're watching over him though, and i also know its you that has taught him to do that really loud squeal to annoy his mummy! Thank you for sending him to me x

MIL - STOP calling him "your baby!". It was not you who gave birth to him, it was me. And please stop passing him around total strangers, he is not a circus act. You may raised 4 children, but that was 30 years ago, you do not know it all and i would like to learn my own way. Please dont criticise what I choose to do.

My BILs - it makes me angry that you dont visit him more. He is your nephew, make the effort.

Ahhh that feels good! x
  • Ah.. just what I need! Loved reading the ones above too. Well here's mine..

MIL -
    * Although you may have paid for our flights to come up north, please respect when I say his routine will not be disrupted by anyone. As I said to you on the phone before you rudely cut me off telling me YOU KNOW!!, you will benefit from more time with him if YOU came to visit US instead of us driving all the way to you.
    * It would be nice for you to actually make an effort seeing as though you havent seen him once the past 2 weeks. Your efforts this afternoon were pathetic. We arranged 4pm, I brought it forward for you because you said you were going out tonight and I raced home, only for you to text me an hour later to say you were still shopping and would call me later! That was over 4 hours ago. It's rude to just not show up. And youre a drunk.
    * No you cannot look after him without me present. You drink to excess and cannot be trusted with my children.
    * When he is upset and crying and wants his mummy, give him back to me!!
    * Do not parade him around when you are drunk, or even when youre sober! He doesnt like it and nor do I!!
  • This is brilliant!

To my mum - I love you and I'm sorry you live so far away but promising to visit every month and then getting a dog knowing full well you can't bring him with you kind of renders that promise useless. Also he's my baby, just like he was my bump - if there's any any 'ours' it's me and oh not you!

To my MIL to be - you're poorly, stop pretending to be fine. Go to the flippin doctors before it's too late. Oh and you're also deaf as a post - there's no shame in wearing a hearing aid. Thanks for Freddie's Easter egg - he was a bit young, try again next year.

To my hubs to be - you're amazing and I love you - the support you give me is fantastic and I'm beyond grateful you keep on top of the housework and still do overtime. But for Freddie's sake can the 'fun' dad you were on holiday reappear more often. Freddie loved having your full attention for more than a few minutes and it was gorgeous to watch you 2 together.

To my so called friend - thanks for saying I'm boring since I had Freddie. Thanks also for saying you miss the old me. Which old me was that? The grieving one for my mmc, or the bitter one about the ectopic, what about the sad frustrated one from TTC? Just cos you popped out 4 babies in 8 years it's not that easy for everyone.

To my 3 best friends - you're brilliant and I love you all. You more than make up for not having my family around.

And finally to Freddie - You're my world! Mummy's heartbroken at having to go back to work. I promise it will all be ok when we've got used to it, you'll make lovely friends and have tonnes of fun and on my 4 days off we'll make the most of every single minute. Obviously that will be easier if you sleep on a night time but hey - you're gorgeous whether you've slept or not!

And relax .......

edited to add

to the man next door - you can not play that stupid guitar - please stop trying before I'm forced to knock you out with it

[Modified by: welshka on July 16, 2010 11:54 AM]

• Good stuff...hmmmm

To MIL - it's ok to ask for help, and to say no if we ever ask you if you can either look after Amber, look after the dog/cats if you have too much on - just say so - we do understand and won't mind if you feel you're too hassled to do it - you dont always have to say yes.

You dont need to take hubby to work when I have the car, he's absolutely fine just getting the bus, you dont need to put yourself out or put your plans on hold to give him a lift in - he does try to tell you that - but you won't listen.

You're sooooo generous to Amber, but you don't need to start planning her birthday/Christmas gifts now and asking me what I want her to have, I HONESTLY don't mind what she gets for gifts and you can just wait until closer to the time - I dont even know what Im getting her myself yet!

To FIL - I think you're great, really really insightful and witty and you're a fighter, I see so much of you in DH, he really takes after you. I'm sorry I dont come to visit you more in Hospital and I'm sorry Amber got so upset and cried when she saw you the other day, she loves you and wants you to get better soon. I hope you're home with us soon and can stay home for longer this time xx

To my oldest brother - you don't have to follow the crowd to impress everyone - you can do what you want, with whoever you want. We think your mates are complete dumbasses and you are sooo much better than them, they have sick childish humour and you aren't one of them, you dont need to be like that, there are other ways to have a laugh!! DH went home because he didn't like your mates and he was shocked by how much you changed when you were with them, not because he was missing us. I won't tell Mum, Dad or your fiancee what you got up to, but I do think less of you for being so impressionable and stupid!!

To my youngest brother - you are the sweetest kindest person I know with such a canny sense of humour, and not afraid to be yourself, I wish I could spend more time with you guys and I wish I knew you better when we were growing up. Those 6 years between us seem like such a lot. Anytime you fancy wine and a game of monopoly (or a games night in) - Im there, as long as i can be bankerimage

To Amber - I'm soooo proud of you, I am bowled over by how sweet natured and happy you are!! You are such a special little girl who wins the hearts of everyone with that beautiful smile of yours. Keep smiling my little baby girl - Mummy loves you and I never want you to lose that happiness. I can see you'll be the one who sticks eveyone together with youre positivityimage Love you Amber Bop

There's probably loads more I want to say to other people, but it might take a while lol So that'll do image

xxx

[Modified by: Amber-Lou's-Mum on July 18, 2010 09:05 PM]

• I may come back tomorrow and do another after i've been into work as its not going to put me in a good mood, but today im in a reasonable mood so will do a fresh one. I will try not to bum everyone out like I did in baby I really didn't mean to :lol: but I shouldn't type that soon after chemo im always bloody depressed!!!!

To my DH- I love you more everyday, thank you for taking Dylan for a walk this evening as you know i'd had a rough day with him so I could have a break. It makes up for you laying in bed on Sunday when we agreed we would both get up (even if you did say i should have got you up, your son tried didn't work thought it was best I left you to it :lolimage thank you for listening to the randomness in my head and making sense of it and listening to my random rants about random things image im sorry when I upset you by saying that im not good enough for you.

To my best friend- I love you, thank you for always being there and giving my hubbys ears a break. Your the only other person other than him that has a good idea whats going on in my head.

Dad- I miss you, you would be so proud of your grandson.

My MIL/FIL- You are amazing people I love you both very much but please dont overfeed my son. He literally is a bottomless pit stop trying to fill it or he wont be able to visit you as he wont fit through your door :lol: he actually adores you though

The eldest of my BIL's- GET RID OF THE PSYCHO! She is ruining your relationship with your family, your not just friends she invades and ruins your life friends don't do that and if I hear of her ringing your little brothers phone again at 2am on a school night as you haven't answered yours and she wants to speak to you I will find her and shove her phone where the sun doesn't shine!!!

To my sister- Cancun isn't in Canada

To my mum- I love you, thank you for being a brilliant grandma

To one of my friends- The reason you dont feel like you have spoken to me in ages is that you haven't listened to me. You have told me all your problems but whenever I have told you anything you have swept it under the carpet, me telling you im regretting having treatment shouldn't be something you just ignore. I hope when things calm down for you we can get back to where we were and listen to each other.

To be (soon to be ex) work colleague- don't contact me for gossip, stop expecting me to keep you informed I dont like you talking about me to others and so I lie to you. You starting every text with sorry its been a while is an indication of how much you care, as if you did you would text more often and so not have to use that phrase!

To my gorgeous son- Tomorrow please can you nap more? You will find that you are happier and can do more of the acrobatics you like if you do. Regardless of this mummy loves you to the stars and back watching you grow and develop is the funnest and most rewarding thing I have ever done even when you cry, which I know is rare I know you are exerting your independence and developing your personality and I love this too. I love that you now like to show your tricks off to daddy but you have to get mummy to help you show him, he has to be the audience and not part of the act just yet. Oh and please stop feeding the dog, he will get fat image although I love how close you 2 have become

xxx
  • To my dad: I love you more than you'll ever know, You've been a fantastic support since Edward was born and he's got special smiles just for you.

To my mum: I will never forgive you for leaving us when I was 8 months pregnant, you stressed me out and made me cry everyday for a month. I hope the grass in greener on the other side of the Atlantic because you've burnt all your bridges here, 35 years of marriage obviously count for nothing in your eyes.

To my MIL: You've been fantastic and truly are the best MIL anyone could have and the fact that you said i can share you with OH as you have alot of love to give meant alot to me.

To my FIL: I wish you were here to see Edward and OH together, you'd be so proud.

To my older sister: I appreicated you coming round whilst I was pg and when i was on mat leave, however could you please take a bit more pride in yourself and get a flippin' haircut.

To younger sister number 1: I love you more than chocolate cake! Edward loves you loads, however when we go shopping we really need to be a bit quicker being out all day sometimes puts me in the dog house image

To younger sister number 2: I'm glad you're now doing a job you love, however your fiance and our oldest sister have an abnormal relationship sort it out or you'll end up moving the wedding date for a 3rd time.

To my friends J&D: You're the best you've given us so much thank you.

To my OH: You are my soulmate and I love you more everyday, I'm glad you're now happy away from stupid work and being a SAHD. Going off on adventures with Edward, your dad would be so proud of you. You were an absolute rock when the whole mum situation kicked off and I thank you for that.

To my son: You're gorgeous and are going to break hearts someday. I love you more than I ever thought possible even when my face and glasses become your target practice.

To my BE friend: thanks to everyone for being there throughout pregnancy, the mum drama and with the whole learning the ropes of being a mummy. Nothing but love for you all.

[Modified by: TetburyChick on July 20, 2010 01:02 PM]

• i love reading this thread - its fab

to my Hubby - i love you more than ever since you became a daddy - you are the most incredible support to me and Toby just adores you. I am slightly jealous of the after work smiles you get but i also think you deserve them as you are so amazing

to my mil and fil - you are both fab - i love you both so much and toby adores you - just one thing when i ask you not to put food in tobys mouth can you listen to me and he goes to sleep withoput be jigged and rocked and actualy doesnt like it at all so please dont do it.

to mum - i love you so much - i just wish you could be truly happy

to my dad - i love you so much dad but please grow a pair and leave that stupid witch

to my son (oh god i am welling up). I cannot put into words how you have changed our lives and how much we love you. You are the sweetest, kindest, funniest little man and quite simply you are our world. A love i never thought possible x

to my be friends - it souds soft and i have not had any wine today! But you are all awesome and i can truly say that i love you all so much for the fact that you have helped me imeasurably (sp) through the hardest but most amazing period of my life x
  • some of these are sad to read but I feel like I know you all a bit better xx

I have a couple of more.
    To hubby-I am sorry I snap a lot but I cant control my temper at the moment, it's just going to take a while for them to get the medication for my thyroid sorted, please understand that I don't feel well and just help out a little more.

To mil-I am sorry that Olivia will not go to you and cries everytime she sees you but you don't know her and thats why, I felt so embarrassed tonight when she squirmed and cried and then my dad came and smiled and went straight to him. I dont want to spend the day with you and sil because you will try and pressure me into wanting more kids and you will try and make me feel inadequate which you always do.

To my Nov ladies-I love you and you are the only people that I can just share everything to, you are always there and I wish I knew you all in 'real life' because I think that you are better than any of my own friends at the mo xxx
  • *Bumped* for *Bliss* who suggested Em's reply for the memory box

x

[Modified by: dave's friend on November 12, 2010 01:59 PM]

• I think I would like to update mines a little.

To my mil, thank you. Since you have started to get to know Olivia you understand her more and me more and since then I have found that we get on so much better and I am no longer afraid of leaving Olivia with you.

To my mum please stop trying to discourage me from having more babies, I know I had a rough time and I have to wait until my health has improved but I would like another and I dread the day I tell you if I am lucky enough to have another.

To my beautiful baby girl, you are the most amazing thing in the world and I still pinch myself to check that you really are real and that you are my wonderful baby girl.

To Emily, you have no idea how much you have touched my life and inspired me. I think you were such an amazing person and had strength that I don't know if I could even attempt to muster. I feel so sad that you won't get to see your son grow up and become a wonderful man, he is so loved and I hope he understands how wonderful a mum you were and how much you really loved him, I will truly miss your posts and how funny and witty you were, Love you always our yummy mummy xxxx