Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09

FUSSING WITH BOTTLE FEED??!!

Mason was taking 7oz 5x a day and one in night and more or less drinking it all - now last week or so he has first 4oz then stops and fusses with bottle i burp and try again but nope he is not interested at all - he even starts to cry if i keep trying!

just wondered if anyone elses seems to have lost interest in milk - is it a sign for weaning or is that just silly cause appetite gone?? confussed and now thinking no way goning to drop night feed as not taking much in day!

also strange thing is hios df he will down about 6oz sometimes the full 7oz and at the night feed he takes at least 5/ 6oz much more than in day!

xxx

Replies

• I have noticed Olivia starting to lose interest in milk, we have no probems with her solids or juice or daytime milk but her evening milk she seems to be a bit more squirmy and refusing to take it. Yesterday she wouldnt drink her teatime bottle and only half of her night time bottle, yet she still slept like a log!
  • YES Jack is becoming a little monster with a couple of his bottles during the day. He has roughly 4 7oz during the day & he gets (and downs) a 9oz going to bed. He has porrige in the morning then Rice & puree fruit at tea time & so far hasnt effected him, well so we think. He likes to play about with the teat, blow rasperries, gurgle away, smile then maybe a wee cry. It drives me insane so I just try & leave him for a while then try again etc etc till he takes it or is hungry.

I think they like to test us, see how far they can get away with lol

Little monsters xxxx