Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

6am wide awake!

Hi,

I know some of us have struggled with early risers for a while but Scarlett although wanting a feed between 5-6am would always go back to sleep for a couple more hours but this last few days she's woken at 6am and it's party time! Now she's so active rolling etc she wont go back to sleep and as she still wakes through the night Im finding it exhausting getting up at this time.

Did anyone just have a phase of this or is this the future? She's never had 2 nights the same so I know changing her bedtime wont help and she's too grumpy by 6.30-7pm to make it any later, what would you do?

Inka xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Inka

I wish i knew the answer, Tyler regularly wakes for the day between 5-6am and then goes back to sleep and hour or so later, he's always been the same though. Last night after his rolling over shenanigans until 12.30 he slept until 7am on his front. No two nights are ever the same with him, he still wakes for feeding at night. I'm going to be like a zombie when i go back to work in a month.

sarah
  • Options
    It's the light mornings. My lo has been waking 5-6 am and is wide awake. We have blackouts but they just don't keep all the light out. x
  • Options
    We have been having this problem as well and I agree I think it is the light mornings that have been waking her up!
  • Options
    We have a blackout blind and lily was wide awake from 4am until 6am! No idea what that was all about!
  • Options
    Hi,

Thanks for replies, I also use a blackout blind and dont think its that (although probably contributes in some way as the birds start tweeting at 4am).

She did it again today after being up at 12am and 4am so I went back to bed when she had her nap else Id be good for nothing but I cant keep that up. (She slept for 2hrs then!)

Inka xxx