Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

What was your birth like

I am really intrigued how we all got on -

mine ended in an ecsec - but was not too bad - it was very very long labour and i got to 8cm before Toby got stuck - and i have had an infection since but considering it was classed as an emergency - it wasnt too bad and was just a huge relieve to hold my little monkey!

would love to hear your experiences too x

Replies

• Mine was fairly quick for a first labour, I was in slow labour for a few days which was such a drag. Wed morning at 2 I woke up feeling ill and a bit queezy, Went back bed for a couple of hrs when I woke up and thought id wet myself LOL turned out to be my waters so off we went to the hosp to be monitored was having very painful contractions whilst i was there they were making me cry they hurt that much i was given parcetemol & Codine for the pain wich did bugger all in my opinion lol

I came home and paced around for a bit whilst swearing my head off lol i then had a bath whilst biting on the towel everytime i had a contraction. lol my mum rang the hosp and said i was coming in because the pain was too intense and that i would like an epidural lol

I got to the hosp and they wouldn't examine me or give me pain relief! as they didn't think I was in established labour, After i went to the toilet and they hear me strain when i had a contraction they then decided to examine me and I was 10cm and ready to push! couldn't believe it!

I pushed for nearly 2 hrs when they decided she had turned and had become stuck, Her heartrate was increasing everytime I had a contraction so the docs were called and they decided they had to rotate her and then use forceps to deliver her. I was prepped for a c-sect just incase but they managed to get her out with forceps. Very scary but all so worth it image So waters broke at 4 and at 7:45 I was ready to push. Not bad for 1st time hosp said I would have to camp out at the hosp next time LOL I did want to say bye to the midwife who told me I wasn't in established labour! LOL

• Mine was really tough - I had a 34 hour labour ending in a ventouse delivery. Finn's shoulders got stuck which was quite scary. I had an epidural and the Anaethatist put the needle in too far and made a hole in my spinal cord - apparently called a dural tap. This has meant that the pressure difference in my skull and spine is different and has given me a searing headache that can only be relieved by lying down image other than breast feed there is little else I can do and I feel so crap about it all. I'm on day 6 now and can just about bear to sit up - apparently I'll feel an "improvement" by day 10 - in the meantime I'm finding things really tough image

Sorry to be doom and gloom! Off I go for a good hormonal cry!

Gem and Finn x
  • oh hun thats terrible - i had 2 epidurals and was nervous about complications - i hope day 10 brings you relief x x x x
  • I put my birth story on here. Not half as bad as some by the sounds of it. Cant say I'm ready to have another one yet though coz for all it wasnt that long it hurt like hell and the stitches have still got me in agony a week later!! Ow!

Nici xxx
  • I don't think I'll be ready to post my birth story for a good long while, I wrote it out the other day and that took me long enough to have the guts to go over it again! My stitches are killing me, I just want to know when they'll get better but everyone I've asked (midwife, health visitor, etc) says it varies from person to person, so I don't have a clue!

Em + Jak x x x
  • Mines was so quick for both a 1st birth and for being induced. Olivia was born after only 2 hours 4minutes of labor but it was quite painful, I only had gas and air but my poor little girl is still so bruised after the experience and she is almost 5 weeks. I had an epistomy (sp?) and had a lot of stitches was agony for a few weeks, now the stitches have gone and I have an infection. I have to admit that it has put me off having more children, I wouldnt give Olivia up for the world but I wouldnt want to do it again!!
  • I'm really happy with our birth. It did happen quite quick, and although we didnt have time to get the pool filled and I stayed in the bath tub instead, I was still able to give birth at home like we planned to. I think I amazed myself as although I intended all along to go with no drugs or gas and air (all make me sick!) I thought I would have needed something. But I think the adrenalin got me through, and the speed of my labour, and of course the soothing of the water. I could do it all again, just not this week!

I remember hearing or reading somewhere about a couple who were caught having sex on the delivery table straight after their birth. Now that Ive had a baby myself, I find this VERY HARD to believe!! Seriously, Im sure this cannot be a true story!

xx
  • OMG!!! Don't get me wrong, I'm DESPERATE to leap on my husband... I thnk it's something to do with everything we went through and the fact it's brought us closer (just need to get on and heal up first!!!) but on the DELIVERY TABLE??? Nah, that can't possibly have happened! I should think everything's a bit icky afterwards, even if you haven't had any stitches or anything!

Em + Jak x x x
  • OMG!!!! VERY HARD TO BELIEVE..... I think after OH witnessing what just went on down there thats the last thing he would be thinking about! As much as would like to Im not going ear OH for a while still yet!! Need to do a bit more healing yet, only just managing to blow my nose without screaming with pain, I sneezed the other day and nearly oassed out!
    xx
  • I wish I could remember where I heard it!! It was a while ago. I don't believe it myself. I just can't :x I mentioned it to hubby the other day and he was mortified!

It's an effort to do a No. 2 let alone any BD'ing! Thankfully i havent had to sneeze lately!! :lol:

xx
  • I've heard that too. Just think of all the gunk yuck and this may be a bit tmi but wouldn't it be a bit like 'shaking a stick at a tunnel'?
  • shaking a stick at a tunnel?

OK... you're going to have to elaborate..Ive not heard that saying? I is it best i don't know?! :lol: