Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

feeding at night

Hello

As you are all aware i've been trying to get Tyler to spend a whole night in his cot bed, well last night he went until 2 from 8 which is pretty good, thing is he's hungry then at 2 so I feed him but after that his pains start so he comes downstairs with me whilst he writhes around.

Does anyone else's baby still feed at night, the paed said that at 12 weeks its normal for them to feed 1 or 2 times in a night which is fine with me if he would go back down afterwards and be comfy.

sarah

Replies

• Freddie will be 16 weeks tomorrow and still wakes for a feed - any time between 3 and 5 ( he goes to bed at 9). He sleeps brilliantly til then but after that feed he can't seem to get comfi and has been worse this last week. Have resorted to him sleeping on me again after that feed. I think his ranitidine dose needs increasing but doc is reluctant as freddie is so much better during the day.
    Am thinking of buying a sleep positioner and putting him down on his side after that feed as I'm all out of ideas.

Sorry that's no help at all is it! Just wanted to let you know we're still night feeding - sleeping through seems a long way away ......

Keep up the good work hun and fingers crossed we see the back of this awful reflux soon x
  • Lily is still feeding at night. She goes to bed at about 8pm Feeds at 11pm and 3am ish. I don't mind, and she generally goes back to sleep fine afterwards. We thankfully don't have any problems with Colic or Reflux.

Lily is 17 weeks tomorrow
  • we still feed at night about 4am - but toby goes down at 7pm and will them go down again till 7.30am. When he sleeps through it is a pain in the arse as i cant fit 5 feeds in. Sarah he is doing so much better now it seems after all the sleepless night s you have had - when his digestive systelm is sirted you seriously need a holiday! Limageve to you all and hope tyler continues to sleep a little better x xxxxxx
  • It all depends how much Sophie has had during the day as to whether she wakes for a night feed. We're still struggling getting a feeding routine, I keep thinking we've cracked it after a couple of days of bottles at the same time, but then it goes to pot again.

Although we havent had any MAJOR colic or reflux problems (you ladies deserve medals as I've found it hard to cope with the slight colic Sophie has had), she won't settle well after any night feed, whether its 3/4/5/6am! It's a pain in the butt! She goes to bed at 8pm and sleeps fab from then.

Here's hoping for a good night for everyone tonight.

Nici xxx
  • Thanks ladies, well he went down at 8 after a full bottle, then fed again at 12 and again at 2am, i got up with him then at 5.40 where he had more. He is such a greedy guts ! I think part of the problem is that he doesn't get enough during the day and never seems to finish a full bottle.

Hopefully this will improve when he starts on solids.

sarah
  • well i know how you feel - mason is still on special aptimal comfort milk disigned for babies with colic/wind problems and infant gaviscon! i'm shattered looking after 2 year old aswell just want to start getting mason down of an evening and then sleeping thru.......

at the mo he is just over 12 weeks and he has a bath at 7 with bro and then it goes wrong as depending on if and when he napped he may of conked on sofa for half hour before bath then obviously wont go off after bath other times he does conk but wakes after 40mijns like its a nap then awake or dosing on lounge until next feed when i go up at 10.30! also it depends on when he had feeds in day as he may be screaming for one at 6 so then obviosuly wont take bottle at 7.30 and go sleep if you get me then fusses over it for hours in lounge wants it then doesnt then may drift off or cry...drives me slightly mad! then if finally had bottle at 9ish then doesnt want next at 10.30 or wont take it as dream feed... so then he wakes at 1.30 then 5ish then 7ish sometimes 8ish!

if he does drink bottle at 7.30 then 10.30 then he goes till 4 then wakes about 7.30 but wont feed until 8.30ish!

im sooo confussed im at wits end firstly how to get evening back and get him down as some nights he just isnt tired then so id spend hours in his room with hi crying other nights he does go off but the wakes after 40mins wide awake so how on earth will he ever go back down???

xx
  • hi star

i wish i had the answer, tyler has started having his bath at 7.30, then he has a full bottle and after some grumbling can put himself to sleep by 8 in his own bedroom, so we at least have our evenings back, then we go to bed (which is nice to be able to sleep in the same bed again), then he wakes up about 12 for a feed, then around 2. after that he is unsettled and sleeps in 1 hour bursts but will stay in his bed until 5.40 this morning. then his nose was so blocked i brought him down stairs with me.
    he does seem to be improving but i think the day of him sleeping through are a long time away.

sarah+tyler(13 weeks)