Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How are they all?

Hiya!!
I hardly ever get chance to go on here but I'd love to see what sort of stages all the lo's are up to so I'll do Amber's first

Age - 8 weeks
Clothes Sizes - 3-6 months in most but still 0-3 months in Mothercare - in between sizes really
Smiles a lot especially at people - but also now at the toys on her PlayCentre
Able to hold her head for a short time but still needs supporting as she's picked up
Can be held in a sitting position for a short time while Mummy and Daddy chat to her
Has started knowing what she likes and dislikes and cries if she wants to do something else or is bored!
Is a lot more vocal and chatters away
She's found her hands in the last week and though she cant co-ordinate their movements she's started trying to grab her dummy and waves her arms about trying to hit her toys - she's always waving her arms and she does this cute rabbit ears thing where she holds them against the top of her head with a cheeky grin - priceless!!
She recognises the words Daddy, Mummy, Smiles, DumDum (Dummy) and Bottle!!
She gets tired at about 8pm and cluster feeds till about 10pm when she goes down till about 5:30am Then till 8:00am when she's up for the day apart from a couple of 15min naps

She's a little rascal, very cheeky and so funny, I think she's going to be a little tomboy - and into rough and tumble - she doesnt seem to be a girly girl - but then I never was!! I think as she's the first girl in the family since well me - people seem to forget she is a girl!!

xax

Replies

• Options
    Oh good thread!!

Olivia-13 (almost 14) weeks
    clothes size 0-3
    smiles constantly, laughs and giggles
    Loves punching teddy bears and now loves the sound and feel of crinkle toys
    Holds herself up really well when on her tummy
    Pushes herself into standing position when being held
    Loves sitting up and looking around at everyone
    Chats to everyone and everything including the ceiling
    Is now trying to roll over
    She constantly chews her hands and sucks her thumb now that she is teething
    She has her last feed between 8 and 9pm and goes to bed 9.30pm and sleeps till 8.30am
    She now has 4 feeds a day usually between 6-7ozs
    She doesnt cry in the mornings but wakes with a huge grin
    Loves kicking her legs about
  • Options
    Gabriel- 14 weeks (6 weeks prem)
    Clothes Size 0-3 mths
    Smiles all the time at me and occasionally at others
    Holding his head up independently
    Loves pushing up on his feet into a standing position (esp during a feed!)
    Has become very chatty and coos all the time
    Wriggles alot kicking his arms and legs
    Reaches for the animals on his playmat and coos at his mobile
    Constantly has his hands in his mouth
    On 5 feeds a day and just moved up to 7oz
    Goes to bed at 10 and sleeps till 7/8
  • Options
    Love this post! Love to hear how everyone is doing.

Scarlett 10 weeks today!

Very active kicking and moving arms throughout the day.
    Good head control (that started early)
    Smiles and makes variety of noises when happy.
    Loves the changing mat helps soothe when crying with colic
    Sucks on fist, spits out dummy if she doesnt want it
    Knocks dangly toys but not intentional yet
    Loves it when I laugh out loud
    Likes a bath now (hated it for weeks) but cries when she comes out!
    Feeds every 2-3hrs
    Sleeps from 12-1am through to 6-7am but makes noises and moves ALOT in her sleep
    Clothes 0-3m just
    Awake most of the day as colic keeps waking her, wants attention 95% of the time not happy to be left for more than a few mins

More beautiful with every day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inka xxx
  • Options
    Awww - it's great to hear what stage theyre all at!

I noticed a massive change in Amber a week or so ago - she just seemed to come alive in that she's now sooooo much more aware and able to think beyond food, sleep and cuddles.

LOL about the changing mat - Amber does that - just loves to be on her changing mat. I cant remember her ever being upset on it and I have noticed if she'c upset and I put her on she instantly calms down! Strange huh?!

Amber also pushes herself to a standing position when being held - I cant wait to get her in her bouncy swing so she can have a proper workout!

She feeds 5 times before hubby comes home and then I make up another 2 big bottles after her bath between 6 and 7pm which she drinks continuously until her bed time

xx
  • Options
    Sophie is 10 weeks today
    Clothes Sizes - mainly 3-6 months but some 0-3 months do still fit.
    She smiles all the time and really takes notice of people. She can distinguish different faces and voices now, and her eyes tend to follow me wherever I go!!
    She loves looking in the mirror.
    She can hit the toys hanging from her baby gym now and loves hearing the different noises they make.
    She is able to shuffle backwards on her bum up the baby gym, her cot and then changing mat.
    Also gets soothed when I put her on the changing mat and LOVES kicking with no nappy on.
    Poos for England and pumps really loudly!!
    Able to hold her head when we are sitting chatting to her.
    Can pull herself up if we hold her hands and support her gently.
    Sticks her tounge out after we have done the same to her.
    "Talks" continuously and chatters away to herself, and raises the volume if she thinks we have forgotten she's there!!
    Thought we were there with the sleeping through but we seem to have taken a few steps backwards in the past week. She was having a bottle at 10pm and sleeping until 5 or 6 am then going down til 9, but has now taken to waking back up at 3 or 4 am then again at 7.

Nici xxx

• Options
    Jennifer is 12 weeks tomorrow
    She's still in 0-3 clothes but they are getting tight on the length!
    She smiles alot at me and at her dad and Granny, and if she's in a good mood she'll smile at others too.
    Her favourite songs are old macdonald (sometimes old macJennifer!) for playtime and my bonny lies over the ocean for sleep time.
    She likes to lie on her play mat and bats at toys we hold for her. She quite likes her bouncer chair, and it helps her poo when she's having trouble!!
    She chatters and squeals and blows bubbles
    Shes started chewing on her hand and seems to want to put toys in her mouth.
    She doesnt really like tummy time, but does have excellent head control!
    She feeds every 2-3 hrs, occationally lasts 4 if we are out or after cluster feeding at night.
    She goes to bed at around 10.30, sleeps til about 1am, up for an hour or so, then sleeps til 4, up for an hour or two, back up at 8 am.
    She is being weighed today... 9,13 (was 8,8 a month ago!)

Em x

[Modified by: Ems101 on January 26, 2010 03:20 PM]

• Options
    Hiya

Caitlin - 10 weeks (11 weeks on friday)
    Clothes size 0-3 months
    Smiles alot at people she knows well (me,daddy, Ryan, nanny, grandma etc)
    Loves sitting in her bouncy chair looking at her surroundings and the dangly toys that hang in front of her.
    Has just found her hands and now loves chewing & sucking on her fists and fingers.
    Can hold her head up for a short time but doesnt like being on tummy long image
    Enjoys looking at herself in the mirror & coos away to herself!!
    Has recently started to roll over to her side when lying on her back.
    Feeds on demand at the moment usually takes 3/4oz every 2-4 hours .... we think this is beacuse she sleeps longer at night now .. goes between 8-12 hours without a bottle at night.
    Had her weighed today and she is now 11lb 15oz

Michelle & Caitlin xx