Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Got to get this off my chest... leaving Jak overnight

I'm going out tomorrow night, but it's not to somewhere local it's into Nottingham which is 2 hours drive away. I'm staying over at my friends' house and then my other friend who's driving us there is driving us back by about 11am on Sunday. I've got a massive supply of EBM in the freezer, hubby knows how to work the sterilizer and everything, plus he tends to do Jak's bath in the evening as he's out at work all day and it's nice Daddy-son time for them, so no worries there.

I just can't get my head around actually going. I've been looking forward to it for about 7 weeks, it's been planned for ages and I sort of just got swept along. It's even for my benefit - I missed so many big nights out in Nottingham because I was pregnant or looking after a teeny baby that the girls just wanted us to all have a proper girly night out on the town. It's almost here, and I can't actually imagine my baby waking up to no mummy. Am I mental? I can't help thinking I'm going to end up picking up the phone and cancelling. Please give me a virtual slap, I need to feel normal again but I've been pretending so far and I feel like I'm about to explode at the world.

Replies

• I know I sound soooooooo insane, there are people with much bigger things happening in their lives, and here's me stressing about something nice. Thank you for my slap, I think I might need a cannonball to the face to go with it!
  • Em its hard leaving them Dylans stayed out twice at each set of grandparents HATED it, had a brill night each time but the coming home and him not being here was horrid the house was too quiet and I was awake at 6.45 listening for him :lol: at least if your staying out you wont have that and daddy will be fine.

You will have a fab time but your not mental sweetie don't you dare cancel! Jak needs a mummy who has a little bit of her time too go out let your hair down in those skinny jeans then when you come home the cuddle will be SO worth it!

x x x x
  • I completely understand how you feel hun, but I really think you should go. I went into Nottingham last weekend, it was my OH's birthday and Finley stayed at his grandparents house. I had a brilliant night, but I was checking my phone constantly and rang a fair few times to check on him even though I knew he'd be fine. Its hard to step out of the "mummy" role and go back to being you for a few hours, but you have to bite the bullet at somepoint so why not now? Go out and have a brilliant time! xxxx
  • You will enjoy yourself once you there its just the thought of going don't cancel hubby will enjoy it xx
  • I cant imagine leaving Jen overnight. There is no way i'd consider it until shes at least one. Now who's the crazy one!? Im not saying im right or wrong to feel this way, its just the right thing for us. Ifyou dont want to leave Jak dont! screw your friends, they'll understand one day, and if not then they are probably not much of a loss. At the end of the day he's your priority not them. On the otherhand if you do want to do it, take it slow, give yourself a chance to get the last train home if you suddenly miss him (or hubs needs you!)

gd luck, whatever you decide to do.

Em x
  • I have to admit I dont have it in me to leave Olivia yet, I can leave her to go shopping for a couple of hours or even to the cinema but I am awful I cant bear to leave her!!
    I do think that you should try and get out though because you will probably have a great time and it might be a good way of relaxing!!
  • Oh Ive been dreaming of a night out with friends (mainly just for the sleep that night as I havn't slept longer than 4 hrs since she was born)!

And if she's with Daddy (Primary Care Giver No 2 ) then there's nothing to worry about!

Enjoy yourself and then you'll get one of those 'Daddy's home' smiles that I'm rather envious of!!

Inka xxx
  • Oooh, Inka, I hadn't thought of the getting home smile!

I'm still in two minds, plus my friend's hurt her back so I'm not even sure we can go as she's doing the driving. The uncertainty doesn't help me make a decision, completely mad! I really hope I don't wake up tomorrow and it's a bad day, I've had a lot of good days this week and that tends to mean I'm due for an awful one...
  • Hi

We have left Tyler a few times with the grandparents due to the lack of sleep and unable to function, he has been fine and apart from the house being too quiet i think its done us good as we start arguing with sleep deprivation. we are going to see peter andre on wednesday for valentines and stay overnight in a hotel and he will be with grandparents then. Only problem is because of his issues they need to have the day off the next day to recover !

have a fab time, they can have a boys night !

sarah
  • I think I will go, hubby has made some pretty good arguments for it, I think it's just cold feet or jitters of some kind! We've got to leave him overnight with my folks in a month's time, so this is a bit of a rehearsal I guess.

Sorry to start such a daft thread, it's so small a 'problem' compared to some of the stuff you guys are going through, I know I shouldn't complain. Arg!!! I want my old, normal brain back!
  • Did you have fun/go?

Its not a daft thread leaving them is hard and your going through stuff too its hard for you at minute and you shouldn't apologise for needing support image

I hope you had a fab time x x x x
  • I did go, and it was such a brilliant night out! I had loads and loads of fun, was really great to see everyone and I got a massive smile when I got home (once Jak woke up, he was napping when I got home!) I forgot how amazing his head smells... I missed him so much!!!
  • thats brilliant hun - ibet jak was so plesed to have his mummy home too!

Whatis it about them smelling so good? x