Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Swimming today

Took pickle girl to first swimming class today. Lots of fun. Very easy going, just walking through the water and splashing basically.

She loved it! there was another boy of 6 months and he loved it too. There were some older babies in the beginners, well not babies but toddlers, about 2 years old and they didnt like it so much. Start early seems to be the lesson learned!

Anyone else gone swimming?

Sarah

xx

Replies

• Yes we go swimming, my little pickle (great name by the way) loves it. We started lessons about 6 weeks ago and she will now close her eyes and mouth when i give her the cue and dunk her underwater. She comes up smiling. I also take her to my local leisure centre which has a wave machine on a Saturday, she loves watching all the other "big" kids. We went to a parent and baby seesion last week and had the WHOLE pool to oursleves. I was singing along to the music they played and making a right tit of myself, but we had a ball.
    You are so right about starting early. My niece who is 2.5 hates water and screams even having a bath.

MJx
  • Aww Im so pleased pickle girl enjoyed her swim - cool!

We've just arrived at Centre Parcs so we will be having a full day at the pool tomorrow - cant wait! not too sure how it will go yet as the last time we went she got splashed and got a bit scared but hopefully she will have forgotten all about that by now.

Im booking her in for swimming lessons starting when she's 6 months as they dont let them before 6 months. I totally think that the earlier they start the better.

I will let you know how it goes tomorrow in the fun pool, just hope we dont have any poopy incidents being at the pool all day!

xxxx
  • We've not started to but im dying to ASAP. He loves his baths so hoping he will love swimming. Only thing is, is we're not sure what time to go, ie before/after a feed?Also do you take babys towel to pool side? Any advice would be great image
    xx
  • Oh I love taking Olivia swimming its great, she loves the water so much. What we do is hubby stays in the pool with Olivia while I go get dried and dressed and then I go take a towel and pick Olivia off him and take her to the changing room and change her then.
  • We've been several times now. Since February. He loves it and has his suit to keep warm in so can stay in for bout half an hour. It's fun isn't it? I take towel to pool side plus another to put on him once he's dry and feeding. I just try and go straight after a feed when it's the longest time til the next one. Got a toddler too so it's slightly more tricky this time round x
  • They don't do baby swimming lessons anywhere near here :0( Lily loves swimming though, so we shall just have to go family swimming instead. x