Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Crawling but more unsettled at bedtime

Hi,

Scarlett can now officially crawl, which is great but it means that when we put her to bed she is much more active and wants to crawl in the cot whereas before she would just go to sleep.

Last week she reached 3 milestones in a week, sitting up from tummy, pulling to stand on her own and crawling on Sat so I had to put her in her own cot (due to crib being dangerous etc) which meant she had to go in her own room. Although hard work so glad as she has slept through for the last 4 nights so hoping the new physical activity has tired her out!

Anyone any tips on putting her to bed, at the moment we have to rest our hand on her till she gets bored and falls asleep but would rather not, if we leave her she just rolls, crawls climbs etc and gets grumpy.

Thanks Inka xxx

P.S It her first nurery taster session in an hour, so excited for her!

Replies

• Hi Inka

tyler is the same, the only way i can seem to stop him from doing it is cwtching him until he is almost asleep and too tired to crawl and then put him in his bed. If we do it before then he rolls straight onto his front and into a crawl position where he would normally sleep on his side. Its not ideal as he supposed to be self settling but its the only thing that works !! if he wakes at night its normally because he's in this position.

sarah
  • I know you guys are having problems, but how exciting that they are both crawling. LO likes sitting up and bum shuffles on his back, but does not crawl.

I hadn't thought about the sleep issues!

Good Luck,

HJS