Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Always look on the bright side of life :D

Replies

• Glad you had a fab time in London chick. And well done gorgeous Dylan - amazing welcome home for you! Good luck for your docs appt will be thinking of you.
    Where are you and your boys planning to holiday? xx
  • Hope Wed brings some good news honey. And great for you to be planning holidays. Wish Id still been in London when you were there! Camden markets was my old 'hood!
    And what a lovely treat for Dylan to be practicing mama while you were gone.. he obviously missed you ;\)
    By the way... the motion sickness in the car.. was probably hubby's driving too - don't all men drive like that?! :lol:
    xx
  • Seen my consultant today, there is no change in chest xray :\) she is very pleased says whatever im doing to keep doing as no one expects me to be this well after earlier in the year. Were now going for 6 sessions of chemo not 4, its not perfect but planning to go away on 11th October on a driving trip round europe. Including a day stop at disneyland image

Going to my hairdressers at the weekend as my hair is really thinning :cry: hoping he can work some magic but its likely that I will have to shave my head again by 6th session, would probably have ot away with it with just 4 but with 6 lots of poison and my hair pulling little man I can imagine there wont be much left, which depresses me massively! Im not just being vain but I don't want people looking at Dylan with pity as his mummy is ill as its hard to hide in a headscarf and he would pull a wig off :lol:

Family day trip next weekend to keep me positive after chemo icecream farm close to Chester sooooooo excited :lol:

Hope your all well girls love and hugs to all

xxxxx
  • just g/c to see how you are doing, really pleased for you re chest xrays you are a tough cookie keep it up mrs xx enjoy your family day trip xx
  • I'm g/c too. Have been reading your thread. I actually grew up not too far from you and my mum is also at Christies so I always look out for your updates (not sure why that makes a difference but it does in my head). I'm so pleased to see you're doing better, I have everything crossed that your treatment goes well as I think you're pretty amazing/
  • Hi

Glad you had good results from your App. You really are a fighter. I think we went to said ice cream farm last weekend and all I can say is yummy!! It's recently been re done and is really posh!!! Have a great day and make sure you leave long enough to decide, there is so much choice!!!

Lots of love

Sleepy xx
  • g/c

Hi Em I have been following your posts for a long time and just wanted to say I think you are amazing.

How are you liking being a SAHM now?

xxxx
  • I hope this makes sense :lol: im soooooo tired!

Hi Juniemummy, thank you for thinking of me, I always read your posts too and you have the most amazing taste in little girls names image I LOVE being a sahm. I've started going to more baby groups and Dylan has started to make a new friend with a lovely ladies little boy who I met from here. I hope you and your lovely family are well, the picture of all 4 of your children together is adorable!

Well I had my 5th lot of treatment yesterday, they have extended from 4-6 as it appears to have halted the growth in my lungs. I had a ct scan last week to check everywhere else and a decision will be made at next review in 2 weeks where we go from there. There is talk of keeping me on this treatment till it stops working or to monitor me to check for growth and then either reintroducing this chemo or something else. But as they know little about my type of cancer there is little evidence AGAIN what is for the best and so more difficult choices again. But there worth it as my consultant is pleased she says to continue doing what I am doing as she is genuinely suprised as to how well I am doing. I may be ill but my focus is Dylan, i've seen so much that earlier this year they thought i'd miss i'm determined to see more as he truely is amazing!

Better go another teething nappy awaits poor boy, he's been up all night!

xxxx
  • 5 down honey, way to go. I was going to say only 1 more to go but maybe not now? image Try to look at it in baby steps so it's not too overwhelming. The main thing is that things are under control which means more and more and more wonderful moments with your boys - all 3 of them! You never know, the results at your next review may be astonishing - hopefully so and you will only need that last treatment and go into remission. Everything crossed for you hun.

xx
  • hello mrs just wanted to pop on and see how you are doing, hope you are as well as can be expected I know I've said it but I admire you so much and I think of you a lot, you truly inspire me in many ways, thank you xx

(PS on the welly thing checked and they are not in the Belfast store as of last week only the ones for older kids image, )
  • Hey hun

thank you for thinking of me, unfortunately im not good at all, back in hospital with another bad chest infection following my last chemo session. Feel like i've hit a wall with my pma as have now had to postpone my holiday and there pretty concerned about how ill I am, although chemo side effects are not helping.

Miss my boys terribly Dee keeps charming all the nurses though and they've supplied him with toys but he'd rather climb the walls :lol:

Thank you for looking for the wellies, my little holiday in hospital may mean they get some in stock in time!

xxxx
  • noooooo - Em - i didnt know - when did you go in? Are you feeling better - please let us know.

LOVE YOU x x x x
  • Thinking about you x
  • thankyou for the compliments Em. So sorry to hear you are bk in hospital. Bless Dylan, what a charmer! hehe. Sending you huge pma & thinking of you hun, stay strong. You are an amazing woman xx
  • Come on Em you little fighter. Your boys are running riot at home without you there to keep them in line :lol: (including Toby!!) so knock this nasty chest infection on its head quick smart ok!! We are all fighting for you from every corner possible. Love you hon xxxx
  • Oh mrs so sorry to hear the chest infection has put you in hospital image Dylan sounds like such a wee flirt lol its so good they pander to him xx

Please keep up your pma I am mentally sending you as much as I can xx Lets get you better and ofski to disney land Mickey needs to see your accessorised clan.

sending you all my love chick xx
  • Hi messy play buddy - thought I'd stalk you here and give you a rest from texting, tee hee.

Really hope you are starting to feel better very soon. Hopefully before you know it, you and your boys will be on your way to Disney and having a lovely time.

Think Jake is missing Dylan - as you know, we didn't go to club on Friday - so, once you're out of hospital, we can have a proper catch up (and our little guys can have a play date)

Take care luv and as I mentioned, please ring if I can help with anything - happy to have Dylan for a bit if need be, no probs.

Night night, hope you manage to have a comfortable night.

Lots of hugs to you and smiler xxxx
  • Just popped in to send you some more love chick xx hope your starting to kick that chest infections ass - wwwaaaaaa ccchhaaa (that is a karate chop for your anitbodies to take on board) piss off germs Mickey is awaiting xx
  • Just popped in to send you some more love chick xx hope your starting to kick that chest infections ass - wwwaaaaaa ccchhaaa (that is a karate chop for your anitbodies to take on board) piss off germs Mickey is awaiting xx
  • Very sad to hear that our brave November Mummy has gone. Love to Steven and the Gorgeous Dylan xxx