Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09

AF!!!

Hi yummy mummy's hope everyone is doing great and looking forward to Santa coming.. Just a quick question, has anyone had a period yet and when do you think they return? I really cant remember how long It took the last time, but im thinking im experiencing period pain as if she's just around the corner xx

Replies

• I got af on Wednesday for the first time and Olivia was born 7 weeks last Thursday so basically it took 7 weeks for mines to return but I still was having loss from the birth until Olivia was 6 weeks. I didnt even feel af coming on but the next day I felt really ill.
  • Ive been getting little bits of blood for the last 2-3 weeks, tiny, only enough for a liner. Not sure if this is from the birth (c sec) or if its weird AF. going to see the Doctor tomorrow, so will see what she says...

Em + Jen 5+6
  • got mine today - toby is nine weeks tomorrow x
  • I have just finished mine, started new years day. Jake is 7+4 weeks
  • I asked my Health Visitor who told me because of BF I am unlikely to have a period until I stop. So no AF yet, in an insane way I would like one just to make sure everything is working OK!

HJS
  • g/c from December!

I got mine yesterday and its SO heavy!!! LO is now 5 weeks x
  • Still nothing girls.. Getting VVVVVVVV worried, did have a pin head worth yesterday but nothing since xx
  • Hmmm mine has been well wierd, mine came back the day before nYE and lasted about 5 days then it went away and has been coming back very lightly for 1-2 days at a time every 4-5days since.... its getting on my nerves now!! Is this normal??!!

Pavy I did read that some women dont get a period back for a year!!
  • Bit peed off as I got mine today, even though I'm Breastfeeding. Didn't have one for over 6 months after the other 2 children. Lily is 12 weeks tomorrow. Having a coil fitted on Tuesday so I'm hoping it won't be too bad by then. Good job we've been careful! Obviously not safe to assume you are not fertile when BF... although maybe another baby wouldn't be such a bad thing? Joking aside, if it weren't for the SPD we would be TTC by now.
  • Ditto!! Pee'd off cos breastfeeding and got mine the day Freddie turned 11 weeks - I can't even say it's because he's feeding less or sleeping through because he's not!!! Even worse it's way heavier than my periods used to be :cry:

Welsh & Freddie (11 + 1)
  • I got mine last Thursday when Sophie was 9+2, and I'm not even breastfeeding. I never was one for heavy or long lasting periods but this literally lasted a day!!

I've gone back on the pill now so god only knows what the next one will be like!!

Nici xxx