Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Being referred to the doctor!!

Well I took Olivia for her first injections today (worst thing to watch!!) she was giggling at everybody and had smiles for the doctor even when the needle was in her leg and then she realised what was happening and started screaming so hard, I was nearly crying!! She started settling down and the doctor turned her on her other side to get the other leg and it started again, she is still crying about it in her sleep!!!
Anyway the HV has had to refer me to the doc, she thinks I have an infection. She said it shouldnt be taking this long to heal and I have a lot of discharge the last few days and took a fever on Saturday night. She also thinks that I might have a kidney infection and then she started asking me was my moods low and was I feeling weepy I said no Im fine, are you sure, are you a bit down? no I really am fine!! I have the doctors tomorrow so I am hoping they can give me some antibiotics to clear it up over Christmas. I am still so uncomfortable!! hubby and I still have not seen any action (tmi!!) and Olivia is nearly 9 weeks old but I discovered about 3 days ago that my wound has opened again and I have been bleeding where my stitches were!!:cry:

Replies

• Poor Olivia :cry: Brody was booked to have his TB injection today but i changed it to next week when hubby is off. He will have to take time off at Brody's 8wk checkup when he is having his jabs as I just cant do it!! Im too much of a sook to see him in pain and I would also very likely faint so Id be no good to him!!

Sorry to hear you have an infection! I had one too a few weeks ago and had a course of antibiotics - it cleared up straight away and so did my discomfort. So hopefully you will be fine again real soon.
    My mw said today that I should try to have sex before my 6 wk checkup in 2 wks time (to make sure there is no pain as there shouldnt be) and Im dreading it! :x

xx
  • Sorry to hear that you have an infection Rosapenny - I have been having discharge too and went to the docs last night and she took some swabs so we will wait and see - at least if you have one it should only be a short course of antibiotics to get back on track - which is nothing compared to everything else we have put our bodies through in the last few weeks!

I cannot imagine having sex before my 6 week check on New years eve :S Even though the Dr last night said everything was healing well and that my stitches were done nicely I can't bear the thought of DH having to witness it yet!

I hope that you feel better soon Rosapenny and I hope Olivia feels better after her jabs x
  • Oh hon, I hope the infection clears up soon!

Poor Olivia, I'm dreading Jak's first set of jabs, I just have to keep telling myself it's the best thing for him in the long run. His heel prick test was bad enough...

Sim - I can't believe they've told you to have sex before your check! What if something isn't healed right, surely that'll hurt loads?! Just be really ultra careful, honey. I'm not doing anything until they've checked I've healed properly, hubby is definitely not equiped to do that...