Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

3 Meals a day?

I know some of us have already introduced solids. Lily is now eating breakfast: A bit of banana mashed with milk and organic porridge. In the evening she has steamed pur????ed veg and now a pudding too. Has anyone moved on to lunch too? She has taken to eating food really well, and is still just not interested in taking a bottle, but happily feeds from me.

What are you all doing?

Alison & Lily 16 weeks x :\)

Replies

• I haven't introduced solids yet, as i don't think Poppy needs anything extra yet. She seems quite content on feeding from me. I guess you should just see how Lily goes, its great to hear that she has taken to weening so well image

Rachy and Poppy 16 weeks today!!
  • We've been advised that the very earlist you can wean is 17 wks, but that its best to wait til 6m as weaning early can cause digestive probs later in life. We'll try and wait til 6m, so far she is content with my milk, but we'll see. I cant see us managing to wait anothe 2 m!

Em x Jen 16wks
  • Hey Alison,

Olivia has started on solids 3 weeks, she is 18 weeks now. I usually give her solids at lunch time because she is wide awake at this point but she is starting to look for more at her next feed as well. I give her organic porridge and somedays I mix in some mashed banana and yesterday I mixed in some stewed apples but she found that strange. She loves getting spoon fed, she leans forward and opens her mouth wide and at every spoonful she says mmmmmm :lol: Its so funny!! I am thinking next week of introducing another meal to her diet and I am also thinking of introducing the sippy cup, I have some organic baby juice (blackberry and pear) and I also want to look at making her a blueberry soup which I saw in a great weaning book. HV also advised natural yougurt with some apple and banana.