Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Teat Size - is she behind ?

Just a bit worried that my LO may not be developing well on feeding front as she is now 4 months and still cannot permanently get her onto Avent Number 3 teats (from 3 mths). She has developed Reflux which probably doesn't help but have just changed back again as she just isn't swallowing quickly enough and it chokes her / floods her etc.
The downside of N. 2 teats is that it takes her ages to drink much and she sometimes gets bored / sleepy and then I can;t get her to finish decent amount. I almost need an 'inbetween' teat !!
Anyone else experiencing similar issues and should I be worried ?
S
XX

Replies

• Hi hun. My LO is 4 and a half months and is on the size 2 avent teats everytime I try to change for 3+months it dribbles out her mouth and she looks startled at how fast she is getting her milk. I dont worry but as you say it just takes longer for them to feed. x
  • I can't help with the Avent teats because we use TT CTN when we give Jak expressed milk. We moved him onto their variflow teats as then he's got control over how fast the milk flows. Do Avent do a similar flow teat? x x x
  • My liitle girl is on the 3m+ Avent fast flow teats not the neduim ones as she is on Cow & Gate Comfort which is thicker than usual formula ... but it did take her a little time to get use to these teats as it does come out fast!!!
    As far as i know that Avent have 2 different teat sizes in 3m+ ... that is a meduim flow and fast flow
    Michelle x
  • Olivia is 5 months and we are using dr brown bottles and tt bottles and on dr browns she is only on size 2 and on tt she is still on size 1. She also has reflux so I dont know if this is some relation but she is happy on these size teats so I ahve left her to it.