Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

aptimal??????????????

ok basically baby was very colicky etc and was advised to put him on aptimal comfort at couple weeks old - he is now nearly 19 weeks and still on it and wakes at least twice a night and drinks quite a lot - i cant get anymore in him in day and tried weasning but not interested at all.

i have been advised by hv to try getting him moved back to normal aptimal stage 1 now by increasing a bot a day of the new milk etc...

wondered if anyone found that aptimal milk in general is less filling??? as its supposed to be more like breastmilk...

also has anyone else been on comfort and now going to normal???

been told not to give hungry baby as sensitive tummy and will be bad

im knackered and cant see things changing anytime soon so just wondered if it was the milk obviously aptimal are saying noooo just as many calories and hv is as they want me top use it!

x

Replies

• do you mean the hungry baby milk or the one for 6 months???

good idea about changing scoops etc....

• Hey,

We have had the same problem. I have had Lo on Aptimal 1 for a while now but he has never slept through the night and always wakes at 10, 2.30 and 5.30 for a full bottle and I am also shattered. I was told by our HV that it is a kinder formula (not so rich) so doesn't fill them up as much as others that are richer.
    I tried to move him onto Aptimal hungry baby but it was disastrous - Lo would throw up an entire bottle like a volcano erupting (literally a column of vomit would fire out of him) and then he would pass out straight after from the shock. Hv said it was probably too rich for his tummy.

So like *Maria* suggested above we started to wean really slowly using Aptimal 1 - I was putting some baby rice in his last bottle and initially he started going through the night. From there we then went onto a little porridge for breakfast as well. Now with docs advice he is having porridge for breakfast, fruit for lunch and root veg for dinner. However he started waking during the night again. Hv said to now move onto the aptamil follow on milk which we will do next week. Im hoping this will get him through the night again. Although I dont mind him waking for a feed as I also like to check him during the night image

Good Luck

• I think thats a good idea, weaning onto the other one slowly, I moved Olivia onto the hungry baby a while ago but it worked well for her reflux because the weight seemed to keep it down a bit better, she still throws a lot of it up again just not as much as the other one. Sorry I havent been much help xx
  • thank you - well we have got 3 of the bottles in the day over to aptimal 1st stage and just using comfort for night and middle night bottle! nearly out of the comfort so need to really get the other over tonight and tomorrow and see how we go - he doesnt seem as settled and also doesnt seem to like the milk as much but i think he'll be on food soon when he decides to eat (hates it at mo) and so his tummy is going to have to deal with more richer stuff than formula!!!

xxx
  • thank you - well we have got 3 of the bottles in the day over to aptimal 1st stage and just using comfort for night and middle night bottle! nearly out of the comfort so need to really get the other over tonight and tomorrow and see how we go - he doesnt seem as settled and also doesnt seem to like the milk as much but i think he'll be on food soon when he decides to eat (hates it at mo) and so his tummy is going to have to deal with more richer stuff than formula!!!

xxx