Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Things regressed again! Feeling very low!

First just ignore my post but I think its good for me to post and get it out (therapy for free).

Last 2 days have been awful...........Scarlett barely sleeping now with wind at night and yesterday she was so rtired her crying/screaming went to a kind of fit screaming which had me in tears and then one I got her to sleep her breathing kept stopping like children do when they've got worked up and i had to watch her sleep then wake her (never normally would) just to check she was ok.

I just feel things are never going to change and Im at a total loss at what to do now. The reflux med seemed to be helping but she's totally unsettled again. Ive got hospital app on the 16th March so will soldier on till then. My in laws supposed to be having her sat so we can go out for the first time but told oh this morning no way as it will be a disaster for everyone, they wont cope, i wont enjoy it worrying and Scarlett will get more upset/unsettled. Going to see if they'll have one afternoon instead so at least they could take her out.

Just read someones post about there baby sleeping through since so many weeks old and burst into tears, why does my baby have to suffer so badly (feeling very sorry for us both). Back to having her sleep on me again, so she gets some sleep x

Sorry ranting, just so low and fed up x Inka

Replies

• Options
    Awww big hugs to you Inka, sorry to hear that your feeling so low and fed up. Are you able to chat to your HV at all??? just for the extra support. I also still have teary days and Poppy is 16 wekeks today. How old is Scarlett?? Your hopital appointment will be here before you know it so try and hang on til then. If it makes you feel any better Poppy doesn't sleep through and wakes up due to wind and also coughing. There is no harm in hr sleeping on you but do make sure you get some sleep too.
    Big hugs from me and Poppy xxxxx
  • Options
    Hugs from me and freddie too. Gone back to him sleeping on me after his 3am(ish) feed as he won't settle back in his basket (reflux) I know what you mean about leaving lo, I struggle to leave him with his daddy when I go to the hairdressers! But, I think you need a little time out chick, if your inlaws could take for an hour or two just so you can relax and do something for you.
    So sorry the reflux meds haven't been too successful. Can you ring and ask for the appt to be brought forward?

Sorry no real advice but just wanted to send a hug (and virtual chocolate)

Welsh xx
    sorry if there's loads of typos trying to do this on phone as puter's poorly
  • Options
    I agree, you're doing a brilliant job and it may just be that she's under the weather with all the bugs that are flying round at the mo. Jak was so unsettled the last week, he looked like he'd been punched his eyes were so black and dark underneath! He wouldn't have a nap in the day unless he was being cuddled by me and it even had to be skin to skin, he didn't even want to snuggle up to me with my jumper on. It's going to be ok, Scarlett will improve again, I think it's so difficult to imagine when they're unsettled but it will happen. I think these littlies get themselves into a cycle of hungry/tired/upset so easily and it just takes them a while to break it again. Jak's not been right for a whole week and he only had a bit of a snuffle, it's crazy how much it affected him really, and he doesn't have reflux to deal with! You're doing a fantastic job, please let us know how you get on at the hospital in March. x x x
  • Options
    A big virtual hug Inka, I wish I had advice but I pray Scarlett stops suffering soon, is there anyway you can bring the paed appointment forward?

Much love x x x x
  • Options
    I am sorry hun that things are bad at the minute. As you know Olivia is sleeping through but she can have really bad days (reflux) and I have had a few of them this week and I have cried along with her and I have lost my temper and shouted at her, I find the best thing to do is walk away even just for a few minutes, Olivia is 18 weeks now but like some of the other girls I remember having to sit up nights and let her fall asleep on me. I know it is hard to believe because I am thinking the same at the minute but it does it get easier (I hope :lolimage
    Thinking of you xxxxx
  • Options
    Thanks girls, you are stars as always.

Scarlett 14 + 4 so was hoping for brighter times by now having struggled since the birth.

I think the Gaviscon might be making her more windy (didnt agree with her 2 times before but Paed said to try again) it does stop her being as sick but Id rather that than her get no sleep, its just not knowing what to do for the best, so stressful.

Cancelled in laws but they're going to take her Sun afternoon instead so we're going to go for a really nice lunch and at least they can take her for a walk which she likes if she gets unsettled (they live opposite a gorgeous park) so I know I'll enjoy lunch and not stress.

Its funny yesterday I felt sorry for both of us but today I just feel sorry for her and dont care about me its really strange must be the mothering instinct or hormones!

Thanks again, Inka xxx
  • Options
    Sunday sounds like a fantastic idea, often it's the worrying that's the worst thing so I'm really glad you've got that reorganised to the stage that you'll be able to relax and enjoy yourself.

Scarlett's reflux will get better as she gets older, you've done a cracking job to deal with it. I'm in absolute admiration of all the mums that cope with things like reflux and loads of colic, it must be a complete nightmare.

I hope tonight's better for her, and you! x x x