Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09

Feeling guilty

Toby cannot roll - he hates being on his tummy etc etc etc so HOW when i was plugging in my hair dryer did he end up falling off the bed - he was absolutely fine no bumps or bruises but i felt so bad - keep checking him now to check he ok. Bad Mummy

Replies

• You're not a bad mummy. These things happen. Glad he's alright x
  • Do I have to get out the beating stick again?

NO FEELING GUILTY ALLOWED!

;)

Toby's fine, and it's almost a mummy rite of passage that something or other makes you feel bad because they're so unpredictable and they just leap off things sometimes when we're not looking (or wriggle out of your arms while they're in the bath - bad Jak!!!!). Tell Toby to put away his Superman costume until he's bigger, and to stop scaring mummy! x x x
  • Dont feel bed honey, it happens no1 and 2 both done it... Kyle looked a bit vague for a couple of days when he fell off the bed but he was ok, time you and hubs were getting cot sides lol xx
  • According to my health visitor all babies fall off the bed at least once (don't know how, but none of my 3 ever did- so far anyway). She also adds that babies are very robust. Even if babies can't roll they are very wriggly- Lily can turn a full 360 degrees on her tummy without actually moving anywhere- rather like a train on a turning platform.
    It's just normal baby stuff- don't feel bad- I agree with EmilyB, put awat the spiderman costume Toby, give Mummy a cuddle instead. X
  • Well Zach is joining Toby, cause guess what he did tonight?!! Rolled off the bed and then rolled over on floor. Think there were about 4 rolls in total image He's fine I think but I was shaking for ages. So joining you with the mummy guilts x
  • Zach and Toby !!! Trying acrobatic tricks to scare their mummys. Don't feel bad, like the girls say, it is common. We try our best to protect our babies but there will be times when they will take a fall. They are both ok and these things will just serve to toughen them up.
  • Dont feel bad at all - Sophie fell off the settee the other day onto the laminate floor!! I was a worse wreck than her, she was fine!

And this is coming from the mummy who admitted a couple of weeks ago that Sophie had a ride in the car without her car seat belted in!!

I definitely win the award for bad mummy - I was most scared about telling my mam but all she said was "it wont be the last time"!!

Nici xxx