Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

so tired

shes waking every 3 hrs through the night, takes a feed for about 30 mins and takes 30 mins to an hr to settle.

I go to bed at 10, hubs puts her down soon after, then she wakes at 1 ish, 4 ish and 7.30. Im getting about 5 hrs ish a night, broken up. ?Feel mad and drained.

Help?

Replies

• You have just written my very feelings down.

I thought we were blessed at the start of last week when Sophie was sleeping from 10pm-6/730am. Until Thursday when she's started waking through the night again.

On Saturday night we put Sophie in her cot for the first time as I thought the waking was to do with her being too big for her moses basket. But she is still waking. We put her to bed at 8 then I give her a bottle when I go up about 10-1030 (bearing in mind we have been up and downstairs in between trying to settle her). She usually settles by 11ish but then has taken to waking at 130 so I give her dummy and she then wakes up at 3 wanting a bottle. Takes til 4 to settle her and then this morning she was awake again at 630. Put her back down at 715 and then she wanted to get up at 840. Full of smiles :lol:

I'm debating on starting her on some baby rice if she doesnt settle in the next few days, as she is constantly chewing her hands. I've tried her on hungry baby milk but she didnt like it so I think she might need something more substantial. I was talking to another mum at the eearly days group yesterday and she said she had started her little boy on it.

Then I get o/h coming in from work wondering why I haven't done ALL the housework and wondering what I do with my day!! Aaaaagh :x We argue so much since we have had Sophie I have even threatened to move out. Does anyone else find they fight more since their l/o's have arrived? I hate it. :x

Nici and Sophie 10 weeks today xxx
  • Nicidee77,

You need to do what I did - Leave LO with OH alone for one day!! They soon realise then!!

We have words more often now about silly things, but it is because we are both tired. We have talked about it and are trying to commicate better :\) .

HJS
  • im with you on being shattered!!!

i also have a 2 year old so i am drained as running around after him all day with a fussy baby and also he is still in nappies, needs help with feeding lunch etc so i just feel like going insane as trying to do these things with crying baby........

mason is 7.5 half weeks but has been a nightmare since day 1 with sleep etc...

he naps but its ahrd work have to rely bit on swing etc... managed to get him in basket for hour yesterday with about 100 dummy replugs etc...

he is bathed at 7 with brother and then bottle he will then sometimes go off but not upstairs only sometimes downstairs and usually wakes after 30mins for evening - then i will take him up about 10 feed and attempt to get down but this can take anything up to 2 hours - it drains me and i end up laying with him in bed holding dummy in praying for him to sleep soon - then he stirs at 1.30 but he seems to be trying to trump etc but gets all worked up and i try dummy etc this drives me mad for hours then its bottle again... again attempt to get him off and then morning as toddler wakes about 6-6.30!

hubby sleeping on sofa as we dont have nursery and as he is so unsettled and i'm basoically taking up whole bed at mo cant see how he will ever come back to bed!|

i dont know what to do..........................

xxxxxx
  • Ladies i feel your pain.
    Tyler has never slept right through, the only time we get anything over 4 hours is when my mil or mum have him for the night to give us a break.
    Tyler has a bath/wind down at 9.30-10pm then into pj's and bottle in his room with light show. he goes down really well, then stirs/struggles with wind in his sleep for 2 hours, so last night i went and got him and brought him in with me where he slept for 4 hours as he was more upright, so bottle at 4 then he's awake at 7, bottle, play and back to sleep. am going to try and extend his time in his cot bed and earlier so we get some evenings back.
    when hubs is off then we do half a night each so we both get about 4 hours each we is a massive help, when he works then i do it all.
    as for arguing, definitely even down to who got the least sleep. the nights when tyler is spoilt by his nans are precious as we can spend time together and have a good nights sleep. i would have fallen apart long before now otherwise.
    he also sucks his hnd constantly, what does this mean ?
    sarah+tyler(9 weeks)
  • Tell me about it x
  • Hi guys,
    Feel your pain too......last night Jasmine slept from 10:30pm to 1am (quickly settled her with dummy) , woke at 3:45am - fed her and she just would not settle - I was up and down for 2 hours, finally got her settled at 6am, then hubby gets up for work - think the noise woke her, then bought her in bed with me and she dosed on and off until 8am when it is feed time again....hanging today.... Also having no luck at getting her down in the evening at 7:30pm ish - although we try every night.....S XX
  • sounds very familiar Sandygiz, although last night, as a one off she went down at 12.00 up at 4am for an hr and then back down til 7! Much better!!

Em x