Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Restless Baby

Hi Ladies

Just wondered if anyone else's baby thrashes about in their sleep. Tyler squirms constantly in his sleep, am convinced he never reaches a deep sleep. I've put this down to colic or maybe his reflux as he's like something demented when he gets started. He has an osteo appointment next week.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this, as their are a few ladies whose babies have reflux and colic.

Thanks

sarah+tyler(12 weeks)

Replies

• Options
    I know what you mean chick. Freddie used to thrash all night accompanied by awful throaty growly noises when his reflux was at its worst. Now at 15 weeks he's still a wriggler with a tendency to constantly shake his head from side to side in his sleep(he's rubbed his hair off and looks like a monk) but he no longer growls. He tends to go down well initially but after his night feed despite keeping him up right for 30 mins afterwards he's always restless. I often give up and let him sleep on me

He has improved with time and meds. Keep up the good work, you're doing an amazing job

Welsh xx
  • Options
    Hi Ladies

Thanks for your responses, it just seems to be one thing after another with our little man. Weird thing is he doesn't wriggle during the day at all. at the moment he is asleep on the settee propped up by cushions as he's comfy, the paed said it doesn't matter where he sleeps as long he is happy so after beating myself up about him sleeping on me i've decided that as long as he is happy then thats fine, just means i get no sleep due to the wriggling ! health visitor said that the thrashing definitely needs to be investigated, sad thing is i've only seen her twice and with more snow forecast tonight and tomorrow cant see us making clinic either.

sarah+tyler(12 weeks)
  • Options
    Olivia does this a lot, we had to move her out of the cradle and into the cotbed to avoid her hitting her arms. She thrashes around so much in her sleep.
  • Options
    Hi Ladies

We had a terrible night last night, Tyler was really uncomfortable all night and was wriggling, arching his back and bringing his knees up so its either his wind or colic returning with vengance. As a result i had no sleep at all as hubs is nights. He has his first swimming lesson tonight so am hoping that will wipe him out abit. Cant wait for his osteo appointment, just hope is makes him more comfy.

sarah+tyler(12 weeks)
  • Options
    my lo is 11 weeks and my god im shattered and getting slightly fed up!

he is so unsettled - he is on special comfort milk and also gaviscon but not sure if making any difference but dont dare stop it iof you get me!

he doesnt nap well and also is awake all evening last night was awful he cried and cried until 9.30 then slept on me till 11 then i fed a bit as hadnt fed at all earlier and he finally slept then woke in night grunting thrashing etc for ages and then pooed loads...........

he scratches his face and has no hair at back from thrashing so much x
  • Options
    ah star, your LO sounds like ours. Its hard work isn't it, i just want to be able to say that he slept through the night. Am fed up aswell it seems as though i haven't had more than 2 hours sleep in the last 12 weeks, hubs has it easy as he works nights for two days a week so providing he doesn't get called out (fireman) he gets a good sleep. Am not even going to try and think about a routine at night until his reflux is better as no two nights are the same.

never mind, i'm one day soon they will both sleep as they should.

sarah+tyler(12 weeks)
  • Options
    Sarah hun your doing a fab job I cannot wait for the day you say Tyler has slept through for his sake and yours!

You are one strong mummy you should be very proud of how you have done this past 12 weeks

x x x