Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

aaarrrrgghhhhhh

Sorry just had to let it out.
Had a nightmare last night, Tyler is now able to roll very well and loves sleeping on his belly. This doesn't bother us as we have a sensor monitor and it was only a matter of time as hubs sleeps on his front. The problem is that he wont sleep unless he's swaddled. So, last night i swaddled him with one arm out which was fine, then when we went to bed i got out his other arm and just wrapped the blanket around his body so he still felt held. No, wouldn't have any of it. Tried everything, so in the end resorted back to one arm again. After wake ups at 12, 3 and 5 went in at 7am and there he was on his front with both arms out. My husbands response when i got back into bed at 3am was 'well we could just have butter and cheese on it', was not amused !!!!!!
Think I will stick to one armed swaddling and see how we go.

sarah

Replies

• Options
    oh god - mason is in sleeping bag and then blanket tucked in over in - he has never rolled in cot and only ever rolled fron front to back couple times - lazyy!!!!

will he sleep in bag???

• Options
    Hi Star

No i tried a sleeping bag with him, he hates the fact he can move his arms as he's a wriggler. At the moment he's napping all swaddled up but its a loose swaddle and he is quite capable of getting his arms out if he wants. I did the same last night after many attempts without a swaddle and when i went in this morning to get him he was completely out of it at the other end of the cot. I think we have an houdini on our hands.

Wish i never started swaddling, do you think you can get them for 18 year olds ???

Sarah