Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

You know your a mum when (cheekily stolen from September :P)

Ok so you know your a mum when......

There is no greater entertainment than watching the faces your child pulls when their asleep.

Having never changed a nappy in your life you can now do it at the speed of an olympic swimmer so you dont get pooed on and weed on and have to change his clothes AGAIN!!!!

Buying clothes that wont fit them in 4 weeks is funner than buying clothes for yourself image

What are yours?

x x x

Replies

• Options
    You find yourself talking to your little one in a voice 10 decibels higher than you would normally talk, and often repeating the same phrase over and over again...

You get half way through the day then realise that the top you put on that morning and thought was clean actually has baby sick on :lol:

• Options
    you haven't removed nail polish on your toes from october til now and there are still bits of gold you keep meaning to remove but never get round to
  • Options
    when you cant remember when you ate a meal with your husband

you learn to appreciate luke warm tea

the littelest smile from your baby makes you forget about the sleep deprivation.

sarah
  • Options
    You say i need to wash my hair today, then two days later and your still needing to wash your hair.. All in the lady garden is not neat, now full of weeds!! A shower is now a treat. xxx
  • Options
    I can relate to every one of those!

You find yourself watching your baby just because you love to see what they will do next more than watching your favorite programme on telly when it's on and you actually get chance to sit and watch it eventually!

You find yourself enjoying the chance to catch up on the housework when hubs is off work to watch the baby because it gives you chance for some time out!! (I always hated housework)

You have lost the ability to do anything last minute and to be spontaneous because it might mess up the routine you hope you have managed to develop

Cant retain information for more than 5 mins even though you thought at the time you would remember it because you normally do, so didnt jot it down!

Sing songs about anything and everything to your baby including pooy nappies, washing hands, doing up poppers, putting arms in sleeves - and you are totally tone deaf and are probably teaching baby a load of nonsense!
    xx
  • Options
    You sing praise to the increased amount of bodily wind in the house (except that coming from hubby who wants in on the action) :lol:

You start watching the Baby channel in the telly.

You can assemble the buggy in a split second with your eyes shut and baby in one arm, when it took 2hrs with no baby in arm and eyes wide open in confusion only 5 months ago when you ripped it out of the box.

xx
  • Options
    LOL I can relate to them all!!

Getting out of bed in the morning and rushing to get dressed and realising that maybe my top or leggings are on back to front several hours later!!

It becomes a treat to eat a warm dinner
  • Options
    you eat with one hand even when not holding the baby!

you are on first name terms with your GP, HV and practice nurse and are more up todate with their lives than those people you used to call friends!

You have your mobile, tv remote, box of tissues, glass of water, laptop within grabbing distance of the bum shaped dent in the sofa.

Love this thread!

Em x
  • Options
    You have your mobile, tv remote, box of tissues, glass of water, laptop within grabbing distance of the bum shaped dent in the sofa.

And you get mad when your oh comes along and moves any of the above!!

xx
  • Options
    When getting out of the house to nip to the shops, turns into a two hour activity of feeding and changing first!!

HJS
  • Options
    This is a fab thread!! There is not one thing on here that I can't relate to! :lol:

The housework "time out" thing I have been doing this afternoon - mission accomplished so dont have to think about it tomorrow - apart from yet another load of Sophie's bottles and washing that will need doing....

The joys of being a mum eh???

Nici xxx
  • Options
    OMG, evab1 - that's me, I still had the nail polish on my toes from the week before Jak was born until I took it off on Thursday night!!! Pavs - I've been saying that for the last 3 days!!! My hair is so greasy it's insane, I think I'll need 3 lots of shampoo to shift it! Sim - my dad was laughing at me this weekend because every time Jak burped or farted I said, "Good boy!!" really enthusiastically, Dad quite rightly pointed out that I won't be saying that in a year's time when Jak think's it's funny...image

Mine is:

You know you're a mum when you keep meaning to put on a load of your own washing, but then the baby's stuff gets done instead

You want to stab anyone who says, "Ooh, he's hungry!" or "Ooh, he needs changing!" because you know that's not the case!

You constantly narrate everything you're doing/looking at so the baby will hear.

Em x x x
  • Options
    You have no idea what the term "lie in" means anymore.

When your OH suggests having an "early night" your first thought is of sleep!

When talking to other mums, your only talk about your babies, how much they eat, how much they sleep, what the contents of their nappies are like, how much your stitches hurt, what your first period was like....no topic concerning child birth or babies is taboo!

L xx
  • Options
    OK has someone been spying on me because this is so my life right now!!

I also add, becoming a dab hand at navigating and replying to BE posts one handed!
  • Options
    I am so doing that now Laura!! :lol:
  • Options
    You spend one day away from them, hearing the most stressful things ever and the only thing you can think of is you hope their ok, they should be eating now, you miss them more than anything and one cuddle means that everything is forgotten image
  • Options
    Oh Emily B I can totally relate to yours!! I am constantly washing Olivias clothes but not mines or hubbys!!
    You wouldnt believe the amount of people that I have wanted to punch saying oooo she is really hungry, ah no she is chewing her fist and dribbling because she is teething, she was only fed an hour ago!!!!! argggghhhhhhhhhh :x usually smug sil
  • Options
    G/c alert! This was on the home page and oh my goodness you girls have made me laugh! Have to admit though, I'm guilty of the nail varnish thing and I'm not a mum yet!

K 27+1 x
  • Options
    I'm loving this!!!

For me it hit home at the weekend - after a week of not seeing OH I couldn't wait to update him on Freddie's nappies - how many, colour etc!! How romantic?!

Also you know you're a mum when you've lost the ability to stand still - even when I'm not holding Freddie I sway from side to side - not a good look in a supermarket!

Quote:

You want to stab anyone who says, "Ooh, he's hungry!" or "Ooh, he needs changing!" because you know that's not the case!

Lol!! That's sooo true! If I fed Freddie every time my mum thought he was hungry I'd have my (.)(.)'s out 24/7!

xx

• Options
    I agree EmilyB I hate people who try to tell me what my baby wants!!!! Still got nail polish on, must remove it instead of posting on here image and still got dishes to do. x