Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Nov 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Where's My Baby Manual?

Hey ladies,

How's everyone coping?

First time mum and just feeling so overwhelmed. I'm absolutely besotted with my LO but have moments feeling I have so much to learn and worry about not being good enough!

Made a complete cock-up with bathing him last night.. Trying to get my head around BFing... *sigh* He didn't pass his hearing test in hosp so being referred (they think it's his mucus build-up).. The mucus can be heard constantly which is getting me down ...he has jaundice ...

When does this list of worry end?

Please say im not alone - everyone on my hosp ward seemed to have it so together. Clearly I was forgotten when they were giving out the baby manuals!!

Boo + Baby T 3days (the 3 day blues I guess!)

Replies

• Me too! Out of hospital last night after a stay for jaundice and other issues. We really needed to get feeding going as it had been a bit of a prob. We have a little breast feeding going but other than that I'm expressing and bottle feeding. Now trying work out how to keep up withal the expressing! Also from being dehydrated she now taking so much that I'm concerned that we're over feeding her. We'll all get there but it's gonna be challenging. Doesn't matter tho as when I look at her my heart melts!
  • I am struggling with certain bits image

settling her to sleep... keeping her asleep... not feeding every hour... she just wants to constantly be on my boob at night.

Havent sleep in weeks, exhausted.

Developed a bactieral infection from my graze to my labia which is so painful and swollen I know find sitting for BF-ing tricky.

Going to introduce a bottle of expressed milk tonight I think to take the heat off me once a day. Plus then hubby can feel more involved.

This baby stuff is hard... i honestly didnt prepare myself enough for the huge changes in my life.

But shes so amazing and I smelt her head and kissed her for over an hour this morning she's so beautiful xxx

Imogen, 3 weeks today!
  • Awh hun we all feel the same, My baby still has slight jaundice he is 3 wks 2mrw. Having to go back to hospital in a wk 2 check levels again. I also didnt prepare myself for the changes as the lack of sleep really gets to u.
    Im bottle feeding as he got dehydrated and needed to flush the jaundice out. I tried to express but my little amount of milk just dried up. Still feel like a failure and guilty. Im getting more sleep now tho so starting to feel better. My LO slept for 8 hrs last nite. Ob in 2 intervals but so nice to get 4 hrs straight. Dont worry things get better.
    xx
  • ooh care bear good sleep!! Well done you and bubs!

I didnt sleep again but we're trying a new routine from tonight onwards. Hope it works!
    xx
  • How did ur new routine work Rosemary? We didnt hav such a good night last nite but hes been gr8 2day very content. He now weighs 8lb being 6lb 11 at birth. Hes a right guzzler. xx
  • Oh thats good! We had Imogen weighed and shes now 7lbs 15! which is excellent as she was early.
    Our routine went out the window yesterday with a family emergency but she slept well in her pram instead of the cot so we're going to do bath, massage, cuddles, kangeroo care and then bed tonight image looking forward to it!
    xxxxx
  • Thats really good with Imogens weight. Daniel was early too born at 36 wks. Hope u get some much needed sleep 2nite. xx
  • got sleep image

so pleased, shes taken to her routine very well am hoping it long continues!
    xxx
  • whats kangeroo care Rosie?

K.x