Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2010

Wahay! First here??

Ladies, Imogen was born on 25th October but I have spent 9 months with you and want to stay! Hope lots of you join us soon!

(may be in born in oct till then lol, hurry up!)

Rosie and Imogen, 9 days old xx

Replies

• Alright show off, you can stick around in DIN for a bit longer and let us have the benefit of your wisdom and company xx
  • We'll be asking you a million questions as by the time our babies arrive, Imogen will be a few weeks old and you will have all the answers for us! image
  • ahaha wisdom!

I am currently trying to remember what my nipples used to look like and failing lol.

I need company ladies, xxx
  • I'm trying!!!
  • Hi, my baby boy was born on the 24th. I also want to stick with the DIN ladies I already know and am looking forward to more joining us so that we can start talking babies!
  • Well I am due today and no sign of joining you anytime yet....sob sob!

xxx
  • Hi girls,

was due on 7th but Freya decided to arrive a few days early on 3rd November. Have just got home and first night is going fine, apart from the fact that the little tink refuses to sleep in her moses basket!

Hope everyone has trouble free births and joins us soon!

xx
  • Hi everyone! Tegan was born on 30 October but I'm not going anywhere! I've only just figured out who half of you guys are on the fb group compared to here lol.

I can't believe she's a week old already.. she's not even meant to be here yet! I'm in a mild state of shock that she's here already and that I've recovered so well (compared to when I had Cole) and that she's being so good.. she's a sucky baby and after 2 days of rough nights we said bollocks to it and went and bought dummies and now she's settled much better and doesn't even want teh dummy all the time... she's actually sleeping better than cole lol!

Got the hv coming on wednesday and I think I might have a decent one this time!! The one I had with my son was absolutely useless (and I found out that she actually has a really bad reputation around here) but I might actually pay attention to this one if she talks sense lol.

Hope everyone else is doing ok and all the other november babies hurry up!
  • Has anyone here had the Health Visitor yet? I've just had a call to say mine is coming tomorrow and I was wondering what to expect.

The midwife who was seeing me was lovely but I've heard mixed messages about health visitors - they seem to get a bit of a bad review? I feel like they are coming to check up on me and analysing wether I am a good/crap mum?!
  • I have my health visitor coming tomorrow morning. Luckily Dan will be there with me as I am worried it'll be more of a criticism than anything else. I guess we'll see.

Hope urs went ok hun xxx
  • I was worried about them coming when I had Lily but it was fine. She just came and asked how I was, how we were getting on with things. She asked about me going back to work and just had a chat. She made another appointment to come and see me but then a few days before coming rang to ask did I still want her to come. I said no as I was getting on fine (and saw her at clinic each week when I got Lily weighed). She said she thought I was getting on fine and that she trusted me to call her if I ever needed anything.

xxx
  • oh thats reassuring, thanks hun!
    xxx
  • How has the HV visit gone? xxx
  • My hv is coming tomorrow. I can't remember what they do other than the hearing check although I have a feeling that all she did with my son was talk crap at me which I promptly ignored.

I was so not looking forward to having to deal with the hv on a regular basis again because she is dreadful and I can't stand her patronising know it all attitude when she is actually wrong about stuff but it was a different one that rang and she actually seemed nice so hoping I'm well rid of the old one.

Tegan hadn't put on any weight between last thursday and yesterday so we are topping her up at night with formula so got the mw coming again tomorrow as well as the hv...good job cole is at nursery really as its gonna be a busy day. Just hoping she'll have put on a bit of weight...especially if we end up having to see the old hv while they are keeping an eye on her cause I probably will end up telling her where to go!

Hope your visit went ok
  • oooh my HV is lovely image she arrived at 11:30 and stayed an hour. Imogen didnt even cry when she got weighed which she normally does, little treasure!
    I did have to feed her though as she got grizzly, HV was impressed with our BF-ing and general health.

She was born at 6lbs 6 and now is 7lbs so she's regained her birth weight and some more so thats excellent image esp as she a little early.

Really pleased about it today, we got some sleep which was great (6-7 hours) and I have loads of baby groups to join and clinic stuff which is fabulous as I was so worried about being isolated and being young (23) I was concerned I wouldn't be confident enough to go to them but she was so kind I feel pretty good about it.

Yay!
    Imogen, 15 days!
    xxx
  • Hi Rosemary, My baba was born on the 26th 4 wks early. Weve got the hv comin thurs Daniel had lost 9 oz 4 days after birth but last fri weighed 6 11 oz his birth weight!! Hoping he will be 7 lbs plus thurs. Im a young mum too. Hope my hv will be nice too . How are u finding Imogen in the day do u play with her? Do u put her in moses or on a play mat? Just wondering as i think i need to get one as he is prob getting bored of the moses as he doesnt sleep well at nite.
    xx
  • Glad you liked your HV. It helps to have one you feel comfortable with!

Care_bear - I used to alternate Lily between her carry cot, swinging cradle thing and playmat during the day. Will probably do the same when this baby arrives.

xx
  • Care-bear I play with her as much as I can but she does get bored easily! I usually do playmat and cuddles or in her pram which she loves with hanging toys. Or she plays and kicks about on our bed with me singing/music on.
    Literally just give anything a go, even popping her in the car seat and rocking it while I cook lunch seems entertainment enough for her lol.

We had to move her to her cotbed though as she doesnt care for her basket anymore which sucks so I use it as a play area or general putting down space if I need to pop to the toilet!

She's having some pretty bad nights lately, we only got 1 hr sleep last night so I think we need to keep her awake more in the afternoon/evening. God its hard waking a sleeping baby but I cant keep going like this, I'll probably fall down!

Imogen, 16 days old xx
  • I can sympathise on the sleepless nights, we had some dreadful times with my son in the first couple of weeks. Have you tried stripping her down to her nappy to wake her? We were advised to do that with Cole, and I've done it a few times with Tegan too - getting undressed really pisses her off - she gets so grumpy its quite funny!

Just waiting on the hv turning up now...she said 12ish so I'm now impatient as its 5 past! I hate all this waiting in. Think it might be time to start lunch - sure that'll guarantee her turning up.
  • Had a good nite last nite Daniel slept every time i put him dwn. I put a hot water bottle in his moses whilst he was having a feed to keep it warm then took it out to put him dwn. It seemed to work as he was waking up wen he was put dwn on cold sheets.
    Hes been cranky this afternoon but i can tell hes had wind bless him. Hv turned up 2day knew who she was and shes lovely. He is 7lb 1oz now so pleased with that.. xx