Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

anyone about anymore?

Replies

• Hi ladies

Sorry have had a busy weekend so not been online.

I think i will write my birth story & my problems with it!

Zach will be 21 weeks on friday and we are going to start weaning more.

He's now currently on baby rice twice a day & sometimes i mix a bit of fruit into it.

I wasnt sure when to do more as didnt want to rush him but I think he may be ready so we are going to try some veg & potatoes.

Im going to steam & freeze and start giving him a portion for his tea.

Zach doesnt feed a large amount of bottles he can just about manage 4-5ozs! He was weighed last thurs & was 13lb 8oz he's only just under the line on the percentile chart but hv happy with him.

Does anyone do finger food? Zach has good hand co-ordination & i give him a spoon to hold when im feeding him rice & he can put it in his mouth, im wondering wether to maybe give him a cucumber stick without the skin or is he to young?

mumof3 all babies develop differently you'll know when he's ready & there is nothing wrong with waiting to wean. We have such a gap between ages of all our babies, rosemarys Imogen was born Oct & ours were born Dec but it's good we can all get advise from eachother.

xx
  • Hello,

I haven't been on here in ages, its lovely to see some familar faces on here! Sad to let our group go, we went through so much together.

Emily is having 2 meals a day, porridge in the morning and then a variety of meals in the afternoon/early evening although she wants everything we eat!

I cannot believe how fast our little ones are growing up. We moved Emily into her own room last night and it went well, bit sad that my baby is growing up! Time for another I think!

ximage
  • Yay! A few more posts image

I was wondering actually, how we can move on from puree food to more chunkier stuff? I'm worried that Jacob's going to choke every time I give him something. He's had bread sticks and today tried melon which he loved but it involved me holding the piece of melon which he ate down to my finger then decided my finger was tastier!

And...what times do you feed them? Jacob has boob when he wakes (any time between 6:30 and 8:30!), then porridge about an hour later then I don't really have a set time for lunch or dinner.

Laujai - I'm really sorry you had such an awful time with your labour...big hugs xx
  • hey ladies,

muppet we do the same, boob in morning then porrige an hr later ish... usually 9-10am. Lunch is whenever, lol, usually 1-2pm then dinner is at 5:30pm with bath and bed at 7pm.

Imogen sleeps in her cot in her room now, feels so weird that shes not my teeny baby anymore!

finger foods... oooh er! I dont like it! she always gags and it scares me lots. She likes pear and melon slices but not tried anything savoury really. Apparently toast is good.

I am thinking of ttc number 2 this winter to have a summer baby (would like to experience both) exciting!
  • A summer baby sounds great, I hated being stuck indoors with a newborn baby and lots of snow and ice! Although I had a C section so being unable to drive didn't help.

It took us so long to conceive last time that I'm just hoping its easier second time round!

xx
  • Iz has had quite a lot of finger food, carrot (raw), cucumber (skin on), apple (skin off), banana. She has boob at 7 breakfast at 9 (baby cerial) boob at 10, lunch at 12 (usually some fruit often finger food), boob at 1, boob at 4, dinner at 5 (puree of veg and then puree of fruit)boob at 7 then thats it for the night I am lucky to have a good sleeper. Does anyone know when we can offer cheese, yoghert, meat and bread?
  • Jacob's had Chicken (puree) - he's not keen but I'm still going to persevere!! I have given him cheesy mash potato and yesterday gave him cottage cheese which he loved. My only concern with the cottage cheese is that is has added salt but nothing on the nutritional information said anything about salt/sodium so I only gave him a spoonful of it. He also had a piece of bread (milk roll) yesterday and he now loves the petit filous. I'm going to give him dairylea sandwiches today and see how we get on.

My hv said cheese, chicken etc at 21 weeks and everything else at 24 weeks (except honey and nuts).
  • Wow my lil man is still not going completley through the night. He was waking just once for a feed through the night & then between 6.30-8am but now he's started stirring about 1am & again early hours of morning.

He enjoys his food but he has always been a little but often baby. When he was just having milk he'd prefer to have a small amount but more times through the day & he still has a bottle or a bit of one with his meals. He's not having boob anymore, sadly, I loved BF. One day he just started fussing with it although he was finding feeding hard as he'd had a cold forever, we did persevere but now my milk has gone!

I got fridays local paper which has slated our maternity services at the hospital i had Zach, thing is mw there were lovely but are overworked so mistakes were made or the docs were so far up there own arses they didnt listen to mw advises! x
  • Socks- our routine is almost exactly the same as yours! My confusion is what to give and when. I tend to give her a veg pur????e followed by a fruit pur????e for lunch then a combination of finger foods for tea, which has been toast, cooked carrot, banana, petit filous, rusk. Or if I've been out and used an ellas kitchen pouch at lunch, I'll give her some of that. What do yours have and when?

Also, if you're out, do you take homemade pots of pur????e? I didn't know what to do, so have only taken pouches so far (it's only been a couple of weeks since she started weaning properly). Xx
  • Ps rosemary my hv said that I should start introducing bits of meat and fish around 7 months and from then on, our food minus the salt. Scary Mary!

I was also worried about finger foods but she sucks them so much they just dissolve into a lovely gooey mess. I keep finding bits of soggy toast and banana all over her and ther highchair. Xx
  • How old is everyones babies now cause Zach was one of the last born (03/12) and we've only just started doing bits of finger food, i've offered him half a rusk & sticks of cucumber. I feel like he's to young for framgae frais & have never thought about giving toast but then I know weaning is at different stages.

I take homemade puree out, I have the tommee tippee weaning bowls that have the lids on them so i just pop it in those & maybe carry a jar of fruit. Have looked at Ella's Kitchen as we are going on holiday end of June im wondering what organic food I can get abroad!

Anyone else doing or done hols yet? x
  • We do it the opposite way round PD we do finger foods at lunch time, at dinner time she has a puree of veg followed by a puree of fruit. She doesn't seem to be constipated so will stick with that. I bought some yoghert this week but haven't given it to her yet, might introduce that at lunch with the finger foods. If I am out I just put some of the frozen purees in the weaning bowls I have with lids and then they are usually just about defrosted when I want to use them, warm and good to go. She is a bit fussy about temperatures likes it on the warm side won't touch it chilly. We can't afford a holiday LJ where are you going?
  • So do you both give the purees at room temperature when you're out or do you heat them up? That's the bit I'm unsure of. And if you heat them up, how do you do it? Xx
  • hey ladies!

finger food is still hit and miss, she really doesnt care for it, maybe i will introduce more lumps into her food so she gets used to the texture, guess thats the downside of pureeing everything.

i dont do much meat, except she does now have shepherds pie.

I use my stepdads gluten free pasta to make bolognaise too, she loves that. i figure its the gluten thats bad for the gut... so thats good.

i dont know about bread etc, might hold out on it for a while longer.

havent done fish either as we dont even eat fish...
  • Socks we really cant afford it either now!! OH booked it earlier in the year thinking that his work would pick up as last year was very good but no such luck! I wasnt bothered as im nervous taking little one abroad but he wanted to go! Were off to Cyprus at the end of June & moving again a couple of weeks beforehand so will prob need the

he break LOL!.
  • Laujai I'm very jealous you're going abroad. We're just going to Dartmouth for a few days. We got a good deal at a nice hotel. I'm very excited as it'll be our first family holiday. Going to get a travel cot to take with us, so it could end up a bit pricey!

You'll definately need a holiday after moving! Have you got loads pack up? Xx
  • PD if I am going to be out at lunch time I take a puree of fruit that she can eat cold such as melon, papaya mango or something or I take a banana that I can mash or give as finger food. If I am out at dinner time I warm it in a bowl of warm water like you would a bottle and add a little boiling water to the mixture which speeds it up a bit. Absolutely no chance of a holiday for us this year now my boss died on Tuesday last week and I now have no job to go back to. He was a sole practicioner and so the Law Society have made us all redundant image( Really stressed about it all! Not many legal jobs in my area at the moment certainely not part time!
  • Oh my goodness socks, that's awful. Obviously terrible for his family, but also for you and your colleagues. What a terrible shock out of the blue. Any ideas what you'll do? Xx
  • No none at all I am really stressed out about it. On top of that I am nervous about working in another local firm because I don't want to deal with the gossip and questions (he took his own life). I am now faced with either going back full time and to the nearest city or a local part time career change. I really don't know what to do.I have trained for 7 years to do what I do but I don't know if I can face going back into Law. Trouble is I am not trained for anything else, its such a mess!
  • Blimey, what a nightmare. I wouldn't worry about what people might say or gossip about. I doubt you'd really want to work further away due to the increased commuting time as I'm sure you'd rather spend it with your baby, so don't let that affect your decision. You've obviously worked really hard and for such a long time to get where you are so I wouldn't let that sway your decision. But you have to do what feels comfortable. As the saying goes you work to live and not the other way round. But I also understand that you need to be happy in what you're doing as it will just bring you down. Sorry to babble on. Xx