Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

anyone about anymore?

13»

Replies

• Options
    Socks sorry to hear about your boss & that you've now been made redundant thats really sad news.

I agree with PD you need to do what is best for you.

PD I dont mean to sound ungrateful but I would much rather holiday in the UK for 1st holiday with bubs im so nervous about taking him abroad!

We do have alot to pack! Whenwe moved here end of Oct we bought alot of new furniture plus it was just us & bump!

Can anyone offer me some advice please. Have been weaning Zach on fruit & veg for about a couple of weeks or so now, he enjoys eating but on some occasions fights with me cause he doesnt want it seems to prefer a bottle of milk! Do you think maybe he's bored? I didnt want to introduce to much to soon but maybe thats not the right way to do it! Any advise would be great.

Thanksx
  • Options
    Maybe he's not quite ready for it yet. That happened with sophie. I had tried her with baby rice for brekkie and a veg pur????e mid afternoon at first but she didn't seem fussed. She was only about 5 months then so I stopped for a couple of weeks, just going back to milk and baby rice and she was fine. Then 2 week later she let me know she was ready so we then went straight onto 3 meals a day.

That was 3 weeks ago and she's much happier having regular meals and a routine. Zach is about a month younger than Sophie so it might mean he's not quite ready yet either. Maybe cut back a bit on what he's having and just give him his bottle and see if he needs the food just yet. He'll let you know if it's not enough. This is only from my experience tho so it might not be what's best for you both. Xx
  • Options
    Thanks PD he gives me mixed messages. He loved his baby rice & would have it maybe once or twice a day.

See today has been completley different he's had a mushed rusk & some bottle for breakfast & quite happily eat that then lunch he had some fruit puree & a few sips of bottle.

My mum suggested that he may sometimes just realise that he's feeling really hungry & want a quick fix!

I dont want to rush him with weaning so I'll keep it simple for him.

It's hard isnt it cause every baby is different, he really enjoys fruit puree I started by mixing some with his rice to gently introduce new flavours & weve slowly gone from there, also done the same with veg.

Zach will be 23 wks on Friday, how old is Sophie?xx
  • Options
    Sophie will be 27 weeks on Saturday, so there is a month between them.

Glad he's got his appetite back today. Sophie's gone the other way today. She hardly ate any porridge or lunch. But made up for it tonight. Apparently it's not necessarily how much they eat in one day, but across the whole week that's important.

Sophie's second tooth is poking through so I think that's perhaps affected her appetite. That and rolling off our bed yesterday!! I nearly had a heart attack. I was standing right next to her and bent down to get my slipper from underneath the bed and she fell in that split second. I was so scared. Luckily our bed is quite low and the room is carpeted. She cried straight away and seemed fine but it's not stopped me worrying since. I've asked almost everyone I know to take a look at her and make sure she's ok. The fact that she's been climbing over us tonight to get to apple pie and custard makes me think i'm just bring neurotic!! Xx
  • Options
    Laujai I usually give Iz her milk first before her solids she is then much happier to sit and take what ever I offer her. Occassionally when timings have been off, I have given her food first usually she takes it if she doesn't I just get her out of her chair boob her and try again later. They say not to worry too much about what they actually take at this stage they get what they need x
  • Options
    Thanks PD & Socks,

He seems to be enjoying his food much more & is taking his milk as well. I think he is also teehing as well as he's been very unsettled at nightime & fretful, sat night was awful he had a fever & wouldnt stop crying then he'd sleep for a couple of hours & cry again!

His appetite is getting better now as he's getting used to the solids he seems to like little but often. Today he's had breakfast & bottle, fruit puree for lunch with a bit of a bottle but also milk mixed in the avocado & banana to smooth it out he then had tea at 4.15pm potatoe & carrots & now 2 hours later he's having a 5oz bottle.

Hope everyone else is well x
  • Options
    Hello everyone image gosh its been so long since i have been on here. My lil man will be 7 months on saturday cant believe how fast its going!!

we have coonor weaned he eats literally anything lol just started him on stage 2 so no longer have to puree we just mash with a fork and he is coping really well with it. He also has finger foods... quavers, banana, cucumber, carrot sticks and toast etc...

is anybody TTC? we would love another but dont think now is the right time...

Puddleduck... how did your secret stork prezzie look on sophie? feels like 2 mins ago i was out choosing that image

xxxxx
  • Options
    Oh she looked so cute in it, thank you. Does seem so long ago when we did secret stork.

Sophie will be 7 months on Monday. Shes doing really well with her food, there's not much she doesn't like. Like you we mash now rather than pur????e.

She's almost mastered crawling too! She's such a happy baby and constantly smiles at people. We're very lucky as she's so good.

We're not TTC just yet. Maybe think about it early next year. We do want to move before we have another one, so that might alter the plan one way or another. I'm not sure I'm ready yet to divide my attention between 2, I love her so much I just want to make the most of this time. Not sure I fancy morning sickness just yet either or the tiredness!

Anyone else still breastfeeding? She has 1 bottle a day if we're out but other than that, I'm still bf. Had a nasty bout of mastitis. The antibiotics sorted it out, but it came back then the antibiotics made me poorly. Fingers crosses it doesn't come back again!! Xx
  • Options
    Hey, can't believe our babies are 7 months already, Iz is 7 months today don't know where the time has gone! She is almost crawling too, she sort of catapillars at the moment rather than actual crawl but she is never where you left her, she will walk if you hold both her hands, they change so fast! You are doing really well to still be feeding if you have had mastitus, that is awful, my sister had it and she was in agony. We are still breastfeeding, she has 2 teeth at the bottom but they don't really cause a problem. Not looking forward to the top ones!! Will probably wean her straight to cows milk at 12 months, forumla is just so expensive!
  • Options
    Hi ladies!

Just a slight name change for obvious reasons!

Teddy now 7.5 mths and was weaned from 4.5 mths as he's a hungry boy.

Despite his rocky start (starved of oxygen/ put in cooling unit/ potential brain damage etc etc) he is thriving! Sat unaided at 4.5mths and rolling like a maniac! We are so so so proud of him and would love to have another soonish but that's it, only 2 for me.

Nice to see you all back and to read about how well your babies are getting on.

Xx
  • Options
    wow ladies, time flies!

imogens nearly 8 months and i find it has flown!

we're gonna ttc soon hopefully, seeing if we can move first though. i am mad.
  • Options
    Have you moved yet Rosemary? I remember you saying you had noisy neighbours. Hopefully they will be quieter wherever you move too!

Hope everyone is well.

• Options
    Its so quiet here.....how is everyone?

We are busy, trying again for baby number 2 although its hard to find time to be together. I'm also getting ready to go back to work. Hoping not to be back long before I have another stint of mat leave.

xx
  • Options
    Hope it happens soon for you! Another 9 months off on maternity would be lovely but not for a little while yet for me!

• Options
    Hi how is everyone? We are not ttc until nearer the end of 2012 as hubby wants us to sort ourselves out financially 1st but I'm hoping he'll change his mind! I don't come on BE often now but think it'll either stop me feeling so broody as I'll hear about morning sickness or make me worse!!

I can't believe Imogen is nearly 9 months!xx
  • Options
    We are good thanks. Time is flying and I'm preparing for Emily to go to nursery and me back to work. Mat leave has flown by! 2 weeks holiday first though.

I'm dreading pregnancy symptoms, I had the most horrendous heartburn last time. Its so easy to forget the bad bits when feeling broody! I can't wait to have a baby bump again though and can't wait to know that a new person is growing!

What were everyone elses best and worse pregnancy bits??

xx
  • Options
    mtbchick - I know what you mean, I'm back to work on 1st September and Jacob starts nursery tomorrow for his settling in sessions. Although hopefully with number 2 on the way I won't be at work long, as long as everything is ok with the pregnancy.

My best pregnancy bits were just having my bump and feeling him turn around and wriggle!!

My worst bits were when I was in pain with my hips and couldn't walk very much and I felt like an invalid.

• Options
    wooo i dont know who else still looks on here but we are expecting number 2 image xx
  • Options
    Yay! Congrats babycarteruk!! Me and Rosie are preggo again too - I'm due early April!! When are you due? x
  • Options
    woo congrats to you too!! i havnt had it confirmed yet but i think around 1st may image congrats again ladies xxx