Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

I'm so nervous

I'm seriously so nervous of something going wrong that I wish I could go to sleep and wake up in just over a week's time!

I'm 10+1 today and have scan appt for next week, but the time is just dragging in.

It's taken us quite a while to fall pregnant and I'm just so scared to get excited in case something happens.

Anyone else feeling like this?

Replies

• I think we all feel like this sometimes sweet. It must be harder for you than some though because it took you so long to get beany there in the first place. I know it doesn't feel like it but it's gonna be time for your scan very soon!!

The only thing you can do is try to keep positive, which is alot easier said than done. Try to keep your week busy with other little tasks too to make it go by quicker.

Hope your ok sweet.

Ellie xxx
  • Hi hon, try not to worry. Many women don't actually believe they are really carrying anything until they have their 1st scan and see it on screen. Every pregnancy is different so don't panic yourself with the 'why don't I have the same symptoms as her' syndrome. I'm sure once the day arrives, you'll probably have the scan and then wonder what you were so worried for. Good luck
  • yes I think we are all feeling like this from time to team image we have waited 2.5 years for this baby so if anyone is super paranoid, I am, I have to wait for another week and half for our scan I cannot wait....just trying to enjoy every second really, although I have been asleep most of Easter break haha, I'm a great company image
  • Well I'm pleased to report that everything was just fine - although got put back a bit so was only 10+2 on scan day. It's amazing to see the heart beating so fast.

Good thing is my hospital do the NT scans and as I was too early for that I'm getting to go back and see bubs in 2 weeks time xx
  • I'm so glad all is well with your pregnancy image

When I went for my scan last week I thought I was 11+4, but they put me back a week - one baby was measuring 10+3 and the other 10+4. I also have to go back for the NT scan and they'll give me a due date then. My scan is this Thurs and its dragging, I so desperately want to see everything is OK again. Wish we could have little windows in our tummies so we could take a peek and check up on them!! xxx
  • great news and nice you get an extra scan!
  • great news about the scan

cazzy - we were saying that just last night. It'd be great to be able to have a peak now and again just to make sure all was ok.