Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Nov 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Update on me and my scan :)

Well, I had my scan on Thursday and all was perfectly well. Baby growing healthily and as it should and my dates were spot on. I'm still due 11.11.11 image

I on the other hand am not as healthy as I should be and have been referred to a food for thought programme (at my request) as my BMI is borderline high for what they like in pregnancy and have to see an 'obese consultant' :/ I also need to have a glucose tolerance test at 28 weeks.

Also, my little girl was small weight for her gestation so I have to be monitored for that too but I never knew it was a cause for concern until yesterday!!

Also they think I'm aneamic again so will need to be put on iron tablets and have regular blood tests.

Anddd, I have to have Anti D injections again (which I already knew about).

I think I'm going to need to change my name from Ellie_and_L to Ellie_the_pincushion :lol:

I also annouced my pregnancy to everyone over the past couple of days and found a lovely way of announcing it on facebook....Danielle is extending her house by 2 feet :lol: I can't see many people understanding it though!

Hmm, should stop waffling on!!

Ellie xxx

Replies

• HI hun,

Good news about your scan - what a fab due date. How ace would it be if bubs arrived on time!!

I'm very overweight. Its something I worry about a lot. My bmi is almost 40 now which I know is dangerous for me and baby, but I wanted another child and even though I lost weight after my son I piled it back on over the few months before I conceived. At my booking in appointment they said I'd need to have the GTT too and I had it last time. I'm requesting an elective section and I worry how my weight will impact on recovey. I'm determined to be healthy from now on and lose weight post pregnancy to be a healthy Mum to my 2 children. Don't worry hun, you'll be fine. I think its good you can see someone to discuss diet etc as this isn't something I've been offered.
  • well done you Ellie, by the way I've seen your status on facebook and I don't think many people are getting it just yet I find it so funny, very original!!
  • She was 6lb 8oz which I didn't think was all that small Cornetto. She was 12 days over too.

Kristy - I don't think many people are twigging on are they - especially one friend asking am I getting an extension hehe another wanting to know if I had planning permission :/ I think I need smarted friends :lol:

Mrsnaps - I actually asked my midwife if there was someone I could speak to about a pregnancy diet and I don't have a clue about diets let alone one in pregnancy. Might be worth asking to see if they have anything to help you....you could pregnant diet with me image

Hope you're all well ladies.

Ellie xxx
  • No one said anything to me at the birth or my first midwife appointment. The midwife I saw at the hospital was genuinly concerned though and I was image

I'm only 5"2 and in my first pregnancy was quite slim. My partner is only 5"6 so we expected a teeny baby anyway.

I think maybe I had an over reacting midwife?? What do you think? Surely someone would of mentioned it to me before now? Midwives, health visitor, doctor....

Ellie xx
  • I think it would've been mentioned before now hun and I wouldn't worry too much.

I'll ask about it at my appointment on Tuesday but my hospital are pretty crap so not expecting they'll offer me anything!! But if you get any info maybe you could post it on here if not.
  • image I think I need to do another announcement, but this time make it very clear what I mean...as in Danielle is pregnant!! hehe

My first two didn't seem to make many people click on!!

Ellie xx
  • glad all went well with the scan