Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Flu jab?

Is anyone having it? I didn't last time and although we are not in flu season we will be going back into towards the end. My midwife recommended it but I'm not sure? What are your thoughts? xxx

Replies

• Hello personally I had one at the end of December so won't need one for few months but will have one after the summer for sure....never heard of any pregnant women having problems having the jab, only those that haven't, then again that's just my opinion!
  • I had one last winter and will do again this winter, especially as i'm asthmatic image
  • I'll probably have one at the end of the summer, my midwife wanted me to get one early on but my gp's had stopped doing them for the summer.

I'll try and take hubby too he missed his last year (he's asthmatic) and then ended up being ill.
  • I'll be having it I think. I rarely get ill, but I don't want to risk getting the flu when pregnant, or with a newborn baby to look after!!

Ellie xxx