Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Had my booking appointment

Well as the subject says had the booking appointment and my midwife was lovely she said she would be seeing me throughout my pregnancy as she covers my surgery. Blood pressure was fine she took bloods, filled out forms and said she would put a note on to rush the scan date as I am at least 11 weeks cold be more as the last few months my periods have been irregular. Fingers crossed for a letter with my scan date on soon, hope I dont have to wait too long.

Replies

• Options
    hope you get a scan quickly, great that the midwife was lovely.
  • Options
    Thanks image How are you going with your pregnancy? Have you bought any baby stuff yet? I have been naughty and bought a few bits already image
  • Options
    Ahh that sounds like a lovely midwife! Mine was like a booking machine image xxx
  • Options
    things are going ok, still icky at times and still waiting for my scan. I'm sure I'll feel happier then. I can't quite bring myself to buy any baby stuff yet though I'm thinking of a trip to mamas and papas to get some new bras at the weekend and maybe doing some baby clothes shopping then (after the scan). I don't think we'll need much else even though its our first, my sisters kept all her baby bits bar clothes and has offered us the lot. The pram may be a bit old fashioned theses days (it is 10 years old) but for free I'm more than happy.
  • Options
    I'm glad you had a nice booking appointment and your midwife is lovely - its important to feel relaxed and happy with them, and I really feel for the people who dont have a very sympathetic midwife!

I'm sure your scan will come though pretty soon, I wasnt sure of dates either as I'd conceived this time straight after a m/c so I had no idea of when I ovulated after that. The midwife worked out I could be anything up to 11 or 12 weeks and rushed the scan request through, and I had the scan just over a week later.

xxx