Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Nov 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Gender Tests

I have just ordered a home gender test from amazon, it cost just under ??20.apparently it tests the urine and the change in colour will indicate if its a boy or girl and can be done from 6 weeks but is meant to be a bit more accurate from 10 weeks, i know its probably not that accurate but thought it would be a bit of fun to see if it does turn out correct and i've only got 8 weeks to wait before my 20 week scan. Has anyone else thought about getting this test or know of anyone who has already done one?

Replies

• I've never heard of them before, how's it meant to work? what does it detect? (sorry thats the nosey scientist in me)
  • the chemicals in the test are apparently meant to react with hormones in the urine, it then turns the sample into a colour, which indicates if its a boy or girl.not sure how they figured this out,but i'm not really going to take it too seriously,just want to see if it matches the results of the 20 week scan. image
  • I'm intriged to know if it works. Hubby would laugh at me for buying one though so I won't be. I may be looking into nub theory tomorrow though