Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2011

Cramping

Hi ladies,

Just wondered, I'm 15 weeks today and have been having some quite strong cramps. Not enough to take anything for and not enough to not be able to move but stronger than I feel comfortable with. It happens mostly when my bladder is full or when I have just emptied it but I have had them on and off all day - sometimes like period pain and sometims just like a stabbing pain in one side. My lower back is also aching. It may just be growing pains and I may just be panicking a little but any thoughts would be greatly appreciated....I am going to contact the midwife tomorrow as well.

Oh and on another note I am so sure I have felt some movement today but I just can't tell if it's that or wind (sorry TMI) so maybe it is movement!!!

Thank you

Claire

Replies

• G/C from DIS but it's perfectly normal to feel cramps/spasms in the lower pelvic/groin area as your ligaments and muscles adjust to accommodate your growing bump so try not to worry. The time to panic is when you either end up doubled over in pain or start bleeding heavily. Talk to MW for reassurance but am sure it's just the normal growing pains. Best wishes.