Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Our scan pic @ 13 weeks and 3 days

We had our scan yesterday. The sonagrapher was great showing us the different bits of the anatomy and taking her time so we could have a good look at bubs. They stayed still for all the measurements but became a right wriggler when she wanted them to pose for snaps. It does mean I think we got to see them from most angles. I was sent out to empty my bladder to see if bubs wanted to get into more of a classic baby pose facing front for pics and it worked for a bit, before they decided to flip back to looking at my back. We did get some a lovely pic of them waving though,

http://img3011.photobox.co.uk/51465658ca1539e9a8e89f21af5cac177ae55a7995693f5247b792edcc958f9e3d323e70.jpg

We're ecstatic that all the measurements look good and there are no signs of any problems at all. Only 6 weeks and 3 days till we get to see them again and I can't wait. image

Replies

• Options
    ah this is really lovely, well done!
  • Options
    so glad everything looks fine and well,you must feel such a sense of relief now and can try to relax into the pregnancy a lot more.the picture is lovely.x image
  • Options
    My mum thought the pic looked like a boy too, I'm not sure either way. I asked hubby what he thought and he told me he didn't see the point in guessing we can find out in 6 weeks. Now wheres the fun in that?

He's the main reason we're finding out I can see the appeal in not knowing as well as finding out but he's adamant he wants to know. So I'll let him ask, I can't make bubs co-operate though and I'm not sure it'll be the main thing the consultants looking for (because of the unknown pataus syndrome status we're having a full medical detailed scan down by the consultant a 20 weeks).

Now if you really want old wives tales every day this week there have been three magpies sitting on the lawn outside our flat when I've left for work. On that basis it should be a girl. I've looked at two of those chinese gender predictors, one was based on the month you conceived and made it a girl the other on the month they were due and that made it a boy
  • Options
    Fab pic sweetie, so clear, baby's a cutie!
  • Options
    Thanks Broody, I still love looking at it, only 5 weeks 5 days till the next one image
  • Options
    ahh you can see the hand and that it's moved image how cute .. lovely clear scan piccy.. !
  • Options
    Ahhhh - lovely clear scan pic. Hi bubba! xxx