Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Nov 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

anyone going to play music to their bumps?

I read that pretty soon our bubs will be able to hear if they can't already! I saw a very expensive bump band with in built headphones, and also saw a ??50 pouch that holds headphones to play to baby.

So, I've decided to have a go at making my own kit. I got some flat headphones on ebay for 8 squids that are made to go under a bike helmet, then got an adapter (??1.50) so I can play two sets of headphones out of my ipod, then I'm going to make the pouch to hold the headphones over bump using velcro to fasten so it's adjustable. I'm going to make sure this baby has excellent taste in music from the word go! image

Replies

• sounds like a plan squeezed.

I hadn't thought about it but it' not a bad idea let us know how your creation goes
  • it should be flawless, all my plans areimage

I think I just have to make sure the material is soft enough to be comfy, then I'll make a bizarre playlist filled with electro beats, classical and qotsa to cover all bases.
  • Could be an interesting plalist.

well I guess if I keep working at home regularly I could just stick the stereo on. Though I've just attempted to do that and discovered the sofas been put in front of the cd drawer so I'm now stuck with the moulin rouge soundtrack as it was already in there.
  • gate crashing from DIS, I downloaded some apps which have prenatal tunes for bub and have been just playing from my phone, just last night did I get some little kicks in responce...lol.

I did read that you shouldn't do it too much though as it could interupt their sleep patterns and their sleep is very important for deveopment. they sleep between 20 -22 hours a day apparently. I wait until I know lo is awake from the movements and then play a few tunes, usually at bedtime.
  • Sounds like a good invention squeezed!

Godd point re. sleep dmwils, I never thought about that
  • i'm a classical singer, so hopefully baby isn't getting sick of my practising image hehe..

My mum sang throughout all three of her pregnancies and one of my sisters is tone deaf but me and my other sister are composer/singers image so i hope it makes a difference??
  • perhaps it does! I'm a pianist but none of my family are musical at all so god knows where I picked that bit up from. I was a cellist but stopped years ago; when we move I'm planning on getting a new one, I'm not sure how easy it'll be to play with an 8 month bump though!
  • hehe i'd like to see a pic of you trying though image lol..