Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How's everyone doing?!

Hi everyone,

just wanted to say 'hello!' and that I am still here! image I know I don't post or reply to posts very often but I do try to have a good read whenever I can.

Can't believe I'm 16 wks on Fri, these wks post 12 wk scan seem to have gone a lot quicker than the wks building up to the scan!!! Have my next mw appointment next Tues then 20 wk scan on the 24th June, but we're not going to find out the sex this time, I really want a surprise image

Loving seeing all the bumps too, would put mine on but I dont know how to do pictures! Mine is growing pretty well at the mo, definitely the size I was at about 20+ wks last time, those stomach muscles are well and truly none existent it would seem!!

Will keep trying to pop on more regularly!!

Rachel xxxxx

Replies

• hey doing well, got my second mw appt a week tomorrow and my 20 week scan is on 1st July - time is going by quite nicely now...enjoying every minute!

xx
  • 20 week scan on 21st June, 4 weeks today! I hope it goes quick.. I can't stop bloody buying things! We picked up our buggy on the weekend, then got a bunch of babygrows in Mothercare so I can use them as patterns and try and make some, then I just bought a snowsuit on ebay because I couldn't resist it's cuteness and it was only 99p! I wish my bump would hurry up and grow too, at the moment I'm just a bit fat haha
  • I'm mahoosive already, back in maternity work clothes, at least everyone can see I'm pregnant now and not just letting myself go!!! Not enjoying my bump, it's not like last time. It was so tight and neat but now I'm still so wobbly after last baby!!! Bleeuurggh!!!

First midwife apt on 1st June, looking forward to seeing my lovely midwives again! Scan not until the 4th July...I'm one of the last!!!! Booooooo I'm so desperate to find out this time!!!!

I'm enjoying things though, just wish it'd go a bit quicker but I know like last time I should relish the quiet time I do get...I guess it will be few and far between with 2 babies under 2!!! xxxx
  • He he Womble, I was going to ask the same, what buggy did you get?!?

Think we're going to wait and see nearer the time to see how much little one wants to walk, as a lot can change in 5 months with a toddler, lol! But I'm thinking I'd love a Phil and Teds, seem v practical for two and there are a lot on ebay. (would love new, but after splashing out on a Bugaboo for C, it's deffo going to have to be an ebay job this time, lol!)

xxxxxxxx
  • We went for baby jogger city classic, it's great! We want to carry a lot though so didn't want a convertible-67-ways travel system, and this will get us all the way through.

Hope you recover soon ravioli, it really is horrible feeling ill all the time.
  • Oh Ravioli,

pants about still feeling ick, not fun at all image I know what you mean about not feeling pregnant, I had MW today and said I feel weird, as apart from a belly that's getting bigger I just feel normal! She got her doppler out tho and we had a good listen of baby's heartbeat, so that was v reassuring image

Sounds like you will have a busy few wks ahead, which as you say, should make the time go quicker, I know we shouldn't wish it away, as everyone always says you'll miss being pregnant when you're not, and I know I did, but as much as it's a wonderful time, it's a time full of anxiety of unknowns, and I always feel like I'm waiting to get to the next hurdle!!!

xxx