Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

How are we all??

Hey everyone!

Just a little update from me. Had a lovely two weeks in Wales where my daughter well and truly got out of her routine and we are currently re-establishing that.

Pregnancy wise everything is all going fabulous. Can feel my little bubba moving around now which is amazing. I forgot just how amazing it feels. I love waking up in the morning to some hello kicks from her/him! 16 weeks now, and it seems to be flying. I can't believe on 24 weeks left. Have my consultant appointment on Friday!

How is everyone doing? I've been trying to catch up with everyone's past posts but I'm being a bit pants with it and getting all confused so a little update from you all would be very much appreciated!

Ellie xxx

Replies

• Options
    I don't get on here to post much anyway as I don't get on the laptop often. Im 16 + 3 now but not feeling any definite movements as such. Bump is getting there but I don't seem to have popped yet and i'm pretty sure I just look flabby! Got my midwife appointment on Thursday and then thats it till scan on 20th June. Feeling back to normal sickness wise, but still feeling pretty tired. I'm just waiting to bloom haha!

Glad you had a lovely holiday image
  • Options
    Hi Ellie glad you had a good holiday.

I'm still waiting to feel bubs for the first time, but my bumps started to come now. I am feeling less sick now, but I'm still exhausted. My new problem is my hips have started hurting when I'm asleep (I've always slept on my side) I seem to get an hour or twos sleep on one side wake up in pain and have to turn over. It won't be helping the exhaustion. I'm currently trying a different way of cocooning myself with pillows each night, but so far no luck. I've got a midwife appointment on Thursday so I'm hoping to hear bubs then (though I've been warned its harder with an anterior placenta)
  • Options
    Clalee, I thought I would just mention that I had the hip thing first time round and could not sleep for more than half an hour at any one time. Just thought I'd mention though that I found bouncing on my birthing ball a saviour and really really helped.

You might want to try that if it gets any worse. Xx
  • Options
    Glad you had a lovely time away image

I'm not too bad, 15+6 (just realised its 3.10am so I'm a day further on!), and as you can tell, I'm not sleeping! Its driving me mad really, as then I end up exhausted throughout the day - not what I need with 4 children home for half term.

At my last scan my due date was moved forward so twins now due on 18th Nov not 24th as originally thought - quite nice for a week of the pregnancy to have disappeared! Got midiwfe later on today, hoping she will listen for heartbeats but it can be hard picking up 2 at this stage so will have to see what happens. I'd love to hear them as for the past couple of weeks I've felt them moving every evening, and then for the last 3 days all movement has stopped. I've put it down to them still being small and may have changed position but would still be reassuring to hear the hearbeats!

Sickness still quite bad, have lost 7lb since the start of pregnancy, but am starting to get a bump now so I must be losing the weight from elsewhere!!

Anyway, I'm going to wander up to bed (again!) in a mo and probably wake up and annoy my hubby with my wriggling, sighing, tossing & turning!

Glad all is going well for you xxxx
  • Options
    thanks tiggler, I might be digging out my gym ball at the weekend.

cazzy - hope things get better for you and they find heartbeats later.