Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Heard babys heatbeat today :-)

Hi ladies,had my 16 week mw appt today and heard babys heartbeat it was so lovely. She asked if i've felt any movements yet and i think i felt something last weekend like little flutters & have been trying when i can to sit really still in hope i'll feel it again but havent felt anything. Mw said i should feel baby anytime now & im wondering why im not as with my dd i felt her from about 14-15wks so quite early especially for a first baby & then mw asked me today if at the scan they said placenta was at the front but they didnt & they would have told me if that was the case wouldnt they?Sorry ladies im just being paranoid but cant help but worry arrgh!x

Replies

• I really wouldn't worry hun. It could all be down to bubba's position (I feel my LO much less when it's further down). You've heard a heartbeat and MW doesn't seem worried, so you shouldn't be

xxxx
  • My placenta was at the front last time and I never found out until 20 weeks. Don't worry about it!! I'm sure all is fine and like redhead said, midwife wasn't worried and you heard your little babas heartbeat so you know all is ok in there image

Ellie xxx
  • Thanks ladies,i just want to be able to feel baby lol!I dont think my placenta is at the front anyway think she just asked as that could be the reason for me not really feeling movements but i not 16wks till sunday so plenty of time yet i suppose image xx
  • It's great to her them isn't it I had my 16 week appointment yesterday too. I haven't felt any movements either, but it does say anterior placenta in my notes (I wasn't told what that means, it just from here that I know).

In the fetal movements felt she's written O.F.M.F and I have no idea what that means
  • I just got a line through fetal movements haha! I occasionally wonder if I'm feeling bubs, but I've had muscle twitches since week 6 and they definitely aren't a kicking baby so I put it all down to them instead. Hopefully soon though! I'm pretty addicted to the doppler, I'm trying not to do it every day but every now and again I just can't resist.
  • Baby's heartbeat is the nicest noise I've heard in my life!!!!!
  • It was lovely hearing the heartbeat put a huge smile on my face! I actually am sure i felt baby last night image im just trying to sit quiet for a while at night time as thats when i usually feel something! I was thinking of buying a doppler and to be honest probably would of by now but o/h doesnt want me to,i think its because im such a worrier he thinks itl make me worse but i dont see how i really want to buy one & im going to try and get him to agree with me image xx