Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

We're having a GRRL!

20 week scan today, all seemingly perfect and yes, grrly. Can't quite believe it, EVERYONE else was convinced we were having a boy hehe! Am so pleased.

Next trial, ECG results from GP tomorrow... gulp. Followed by the Cardiology appt in July unless she wants it rushed through :-/

Wishing everyone the best with your own 20wk scans, hoping for good news from everyone image

Jess

xxx

Replies

• Options
    congratulations on your pink bump, hope all goes well tomorrow with the docs.
  • Options
    Ohhh wow!!! A little girl, that's fab news. There have been 4 people on facebook who know...so far it's 3 girls and 1 boy so with you, that's 5 that is due in November image We're definitely more girl orientated, eeeek.

Ellie xxx
  • Options
    I went to update your due date with a girly on the list but I've not got you on it. When are you due sweet? I'll add you now!!

Ellie xxx
  • Options
    thanks clalee! Just read your Bf post - I can't believe your DH is planning such a family get-to-gether so soon, we're due end of Oct/beg of Nov and I can't stand the thought of family visiting at xmas!

Does he have any mates that have kids? Maybe if he could have a chat with them it might help him realise that early parenthood is not something most people can bounce up from in just a few weeks...

we're estimating 3months before we even begin to feel like functioning adults again lol Might be stretching things a bit there, but I don't want to under-estimate it and get stressed if things aren't settled within the 1st 2months, for example...

I do worry he's being pretty unreasonable. If it's mainly his family, perhaps you could visit them? Not ideal, but at least you wouldn't feel pressured into keeping house, being mum and entertaining all at once. You poor thing!!

Best of luck with it xxx
  • Options
    Hi Ellie! due date is 28th Oct but we're pretty sure Nov is more likely.

Aw, I tried to find the FB group but couldn't, and didn't get a reply from you when I messaged you on here - how can I join up?

• Options
    I'll message you my name sweet, you add me as a friend with a message saying BE and I'll add you to the group! Sorry you didn't get a reply! Will do it now ok xxxx
  • Options
    Sent image x
  • Options
    Oh wonderful news! So happy we're coming up to finding out. Do you have a list of names? I can't wait to start being able to secretly name my burgeoning bump!

Is it a DIN facebook group? Could someone add me please? I'm friends with clalee, I'm E Kane.
  • Options
    thanx! we had a grrls and a boys name picked out, but the grrls one is kinda 'out there'... so we're trying out different ideas now to see if we can be a bit kinder to her haha. We can always use the wacky one as a middle name i guess!

yeah for some reason they booked me for 20wk scan during week 19... odd but oh well.

Back to the house renovations - can't wait till they're out the way and we can buy baby related things instead of wall tiles & laminated flooring!! any one else 'nesting' like this?! pretty tiring lol

xxx
  • Options
    oh wow huge congrats, it's so many girls here image
  • Options
    Thanks needsleep - hubs is dead set against going to visit our families at Christmas as it's a 375 mile drive to mine and a 400 mile drive to his. I think that might be the right call, but I don't think them all coming up to us instead is the right plan. He thinks it'll be fine as they'll look after us, but it won't be like that I'll feel I have to look after them as they're in our home. I've tried suggesting that he talks to his collegues who's got a little one (a few months old now at a guess I've lost track) but he's having none of it. He's sure he's right, and I'm being stupid. I think my best hope is to persuade him that they're staying in a hotel and can visit during the afternoon or something.

That or the friend of ours who's due in a few weeks convinces him otherwise.

No nesting as yet, though we are house hunting. We've found a place we like but need someone to put an offer in on our little flat before we can do anything else.
  • Options
    ahhh ocngratulations! a lovely likkle girl image

It's funny you saying about gatherings at christmas etc..

My hubby seems to think that going to centre parcs for a 50th birthday the weekend of my due date is still going to happen..

His theory was that we could either go before and if i go into labour he can drive the 2 hours to the hospital.. and if i've had the baby we can go along after..

He's living in a fantasy land if he recons i'm traipsing up to Centreparcs with a 2 day old bubba!!
  • Options
    potentially going into labour at Centreparcs!!? good lord, that would be another firm 'no' from me lol

I don't know, what are these men thinking hehe, yes, you may be overdue, or if you do go into labour you may have a typical long birth (if it's your 1st?) but my friends 1st arrived after a mere 3hr labour, from water's breaking to cord cutting, amazing. She made it from York to Hull with the Tens machine which was about 20-25min drive I think - I'm going to use that as my limit for distance to travel in the last couple of weeks (and beyond if we're overdue)...

Plus, even if you are overdue, the last thing you'll want to do that weekend is be sat in a car for over an hour, you'll be so uncomfortable!

Eeeh dear lol
  • Options
    ahh totally!!! my thoughts (and very vocal opinions) exactly image i keep trying to say it in different ways so that he'll try and understand it.. but nope. There's just no getting through to him.

GRR LOL

Anyway sorry (hijacked your thread) when are you going shopping for lots of lovely things?
  • Options
    gosh I'm SO lucky with DH, he just wants me to crack on with whatever I think feels right and... I'll shut up about it!!

No chance to really shop for a little while yet, the work we're having done on the house was scheduled to finish end of next week, but tbh I can't see that happening, it's our first kind of renovations and so pretty stressful, especially as they are NOT fitting the kitchen how I would expect (they've free-hand cut the worktops for eg...). I have faith in the contractor and am sure he will whip 'em into shape but he's moving house himself this week so it's all slowed to a crawl arrgh haha.

Got results from ECG this a.m. the GP couldn't fathom them so sent off to hosp for 2nd opinion. A technician there suspects Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome so that's why they want to do further tests, gulp. Researched it and most seem to have fine pregnancies with it, but there's always that risk of low B/P & fainting or Goddess-forbid, cardiac arrest...

Oh and DH starts an intensive driving course next week so he's in a bit of a flap! It's all go right now!! Looking fwd to yoga tomorrow night, peace & relaxation for sure.

Give it a month and hopefully we'll be in a position to go spending, yay!

Hope the rest of you have less on and can start shopping in ernest after your next scans! xx
  • Options
    sounds like its all go for you at the minute.

Hopefully your heart problems won't be a problem (if that makes any sense) though look after yourself and make sure your DH looks after you too.
  • Options
    hehe men eh? (alrigh .. my man eh? ) hehe

oh i hope the ECG stuff gets sorted for you treatment wise etc..