Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2011
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Should i be worried?

Hi ladies,just wanted you're thoughts and wondered if anyone has had the same. Basicaly just feeling a bit fed up today as been getting headaches alot lately and have had a few nose bleeds during this pregnancy but only normaly if i've blown my nose quite hard,whereas last night i was just led in bed and i had one..i dont know whether i should be worried or whether this is normaly in pregnancy?Im not seeing my midwife for quite a while now but have got my ante natal at hospital in a few weeks so could mention it then,had my bp took 2 weeks ago and that was fine.. :? x

Replies

• I've had he occasional headache recently but no nosebleeds. I'm sure I read they can be common in pregnancy in one of the many pregnancy books my family have sent me, but I've had a search and can't for the life of me find it. Maybe mention it at your antenatal. The only possible way I can think of it being a problem would be high bp, but if it was fine two weeks ago it can't be that high now.
  • i've had a couple of headaches during my pregnancy too and i never get them.

Also at the beginning i had the first nose bleed of my life!

but i read this is very common, so i wouldn't worry unduly, unless it's very heavy and frequent??

Mention it to your midwife at your next appt xx
  • hi

headaches and nosebleeds are really common in pregnancy. They are just another thing to add to the list..morning sickness, varicose veins, piles etc....!

Up your fluids to help with the headaches, only worry about them if you are 20 weeks plus with sickness, swelling, etc symptoms of pre eclampsia.

xx
  • Thanks ladies i feel a bit more at ease now as im such a worrier at the best of times image i will keep an eye on it obvioulsy and hopefully its nothing to worry about,i have started trying to drink plenty of fluids everyday and carry a bottle of water with me whenever i go out!I did think at first oh its nothing to worry about as i've also read in pregnancy mags that headaches/nosebleeds can all be common pregnancy symptoms then someone i know said oh i would be carefull that can be a sign on high bp i would get it checked out,it made me all worried.Dont people just get on you're nerves that try & worry you!Thanks again anyway ladies,hope you're all well xx
  • I had terrible headaches few weeks ago, they seem to have gone now (now I said it I hope they won't return!). I get blood when I blow my nose but no actual nosebleeds,however all my baby books say it is quite common......so hopefully it will pass quickly for you!
  • my first 14 weeks were spent in a state of complete stress and panic.. i thought every ache and pain was dangerous and i spent so much time googling symptoms.. unfortunately i don't think there's much you can do to stop yourself worrying if you're that sort of person image other than reassuring peeps on here telling you they've had the same things.. image xx
  • Thanks ladies image i think like you have all said headaches/nosebleeds are just some of the many not so pleasant symptoms of pregnancy!I've also got really bad heartburn tonight yuk lol!xx
  • G/C from DIS but don't panic, it's normal as you have extra blood being pumped to your head. I have occasional nose bleeds and tenderness around my sinuses too.
  • Yeah KazzieM is right!! It's all because we have more blood pumping round. I wouldn't worry at all about it, but for your own peace of mind, make sure you tell the midwife at your next appointment.

I had nose bleeds last pregnancy, never had them before in my life! I havn't had them this time and hoping I don't. Not very pleasant are they? Hope you don't get anymore greesh.

Ellie xx