Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2011

Another 20wk scan...!

It's busy busy in here at the mo for the 20wk scan image Well we had ours today and it was just amazing. Baby was doing flips, kicking and playing with its feet, can't believe how much it's moving around but I wasn't feeling any of it!! (We were also very good and didn't find out the sex)

The whole experience was a million miles away from my 20 wk scan I had last time, where they told us we had a marker on the heart, gave us a leaflet on Downs Syndrome and said bye bye, basically!! All was fine in the end, but it did spoil that time for us. i subsequently found out today, that the marker they found on the heart last time, they now wouldn't mention as they mean nothing and just create unnecessary angst and stress!!!

Anyway, look forward to hearing about all the other 20wk scans image lots of love xxx

Replies

• aww great news about the marker not meaning anything. Well done on having the strength the stay yellow - we'd decided to find out but I'd have caved if we hadn't anyway!
  • Yay for not finding out! Strength I clearly don't have. Fab news that everything is fine too. image Congrats!

When are you due? I don't think I have you on the due date list!

Ellie xx
  • Awww congrats!!! It is hard to stay yellow...not doing it this time but I bet baby doesn't shift itself!!! Glad the scan went well! xx
  • Thanks all image

Ellie, my due date is 11/11/11, nice easy one to remember! I think I was on the due date list, not sure now! Will go and check too xxxxx
  • ah it's an ace due date! I have 11/11/11 from ov, but all my notes have 10/11/11 because of lmp. OH is desperate for an 11/11/11 baby! My mum wants me to hold out for 20/11/2011 haha
  • congratulations, great news!
  • Congrats with all being well. This is our 3rd and we gave in and found out that we are having a little boy, we already have 2 daughters 18 & 16 years. This all seems like the first time all over again so much has changed and was amazed with all the details shown on the scan. Happy and healthy pregnancies to all image xx
  • ah thats great news
  • Congrats great news! They are amazing - i cant stop looking at our pic image well done on staying strong - very pleased it will be a surprise for us too

xx
  • I am so pleased it's going to be a surprise, was v v tempting to find out, but I'm really glad we haven't now image

Mrs SJG, how lovely to be getting a girl after 2 boys though, I have a friend who had 3 boys then quite a big gap before having a surprise last baby (she thought she was going through menopause, lol!) and they had a little girl.

xxxxx